Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the clear Lexan fog light covers for a WRX somewhere, but can`t remember where. Who sells them? They are also available in carbon fiber.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I what some!

If you find them, let me know where to get some. I've already busted a foglight and I think Lexan covers would be very cool!

·
Registered
13 Posts
foglight covers

They broke? I thought lexan was bullet proof. I broke my foglight by eating a pile of dirt. Do you think these would break if I was to do that again? Are the STi mesh covers more durable? Of course they cost ten times as much. Yeah for $32 I'm thinking they must be clear plastic.

Impreza Fog Light Covers (Clear)

Did I find the right thing on the site?

Regards,
Steve

·
Registered
106 Posts
orion411,

They are made of Lexan. (Pretty flexible to some degree) I broke one of the tabs on mine while I was removing them in freezing weather. I got so mad I frisbee tossed it against the wall and guess what? It didn't break.

I believe the tabs are the weakest link, otherwise it has absorbed many impacts and saved my foglights numerous times over.

Also I like them because they do not hide the oversized foglights of Subaru.

·
Registered
13 Posts
sweet

Thanks for the additional info. For $32 those are mine!

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
I know they're clear, but does anyone have a pic of these on a WRX? :)

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Photos of my new $32 Lexan covers

I know I won't be looking like every other STi wannabe with my new Impreza foglight covers! ;)

Any ideas on how to tint these rally blue without losing too much beam power? No less than a STi mesh cover that is.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Re: Photos of my new $32 Lexan covers

orion411 said:
I know I won't be looking like every other STi wannabe with my new Impreza foglight covers! ;)

Any ideas on how to tint these rally blue without losing too much beam power? No less than a STi mesh cover that is.
PLEASE TAKE PICS AS SOON AS THEY ARE INSTALLED!!! :D

Please? :p

·
Registered
55 Posts
XRW URABUS said:
http://www.spimotorsports.com/Catalog/impreza_fog_light_covers__clear__1439342.htm
These are overseas OEM Subaru lexan fog light covers. They snap right in and have a small "Impreza" logo on them. Contact Ryan.

SPImotorsports/Irvine Subaru are the same.

I had to get a new set from them because I cracked mine when I tried to take them off in freezing temperatures.
Actually, Lexan will shatter in freezing temperatures. For our Force Entry class in Academy we were told that to break Lexan windows you can take a C02 Extinguisher and spray it on the lexan. (C02 comes out of the bottle @ -110 F) and then hit it with a Halligan or 8lb Force Axe. That or you have to take a medium tooth carbide tipped rotary blade to it.

Blue

1 - 20 of 41 Posts