Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I listened to the fight on pay per view since my girlfriend doesn't have a box for me to call and get it. I checked out the still pictures on sportcenter the next day and it looked a lot like I expected.

Lewis beat Tyson about the head and dropped him in the eighth. I expected him to, but I also expected Tyson to put up a little more of a fight. He came out strong for round one and then let Lewis pummel him. One and out punching wasn't going to do anything against a world-class fighter like Lennox Lewis. Lewis took both eyes and then made Tyson taste his own blood.

Why on earth does Tyson want a rematch? Money? Who's going to pay to see Lewis adminster another beating to Tyson. Does he honestly think he can beat him? That would make him big, strong, slow AND incredibly stupid.

Anybody else "see" the fight?

-Jim

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
I didn't see nor hear it live, but I heard about it afterward. Sounded like Tyson came out strong in the first round, but simply ran out of steam the second round. He probably didn't train hard enough...no reason why you should run out of steam after only one round.

Man...after what Tyson was saying and doing before the fight though...I'm glad he got his ass handed to him.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I saw the fight. But only from round 3. Basically Tyson got punked almost EVERYTIME Lennos threw a jab. Tyson also has a habit of ducking towards the left = the Lennox's right first. THat's what got him knocked out.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Not a competitive fight whatsoever. I really doubt the public wants to see a re-match. Especially after you get to see Tyson pleading for a re-match in the post-fight interview. How can he say he wants to eat a person's children one minute and turn around and say it was all in effort to promote a fight. Sounding more like WWF if you ask me.
This fight (which they called the match of the decade), goes to show you the lack of quality in the heavy weight division. Also this fight would have happened much sooner if these two fighters belonged to the same network (Tyson; showtime, Lewis; hbo).

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think a rematch would be awesome. For one, Tyson didn't get much right experience after the Hollyfield incident so he's nowhere as good as he used to be. Lennox basically raped him, but I think with some training Tyson and Lennox rematch would be fun to watch. Although I still think Lennox would beat Tyson (the guy is a monster), it would be great to watch.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts