Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
It looks good...I would say it increases the "fun factor" but the stock tranny and TCU is still a good one at reacting to driver's imputs and crisp shifts. I wish our 4EATs had sportronic like the JDM wrxs.
I did notice that it said this is for domestic cars and trucks only. Even in the "imports" section subaru is not even listed as an option....just "Honda - Nissan - Lexus - Acura - Mazda
Infinity - Mitsubishi - Jaguar - Toyota "

That being said, it still seems like a cool idea and if you can get them to do your wrx all the more power to you. Try it out if you have the money (how much is it?) and report back to us how it is. Do your 0-60 and 1/4 times before and after.

Brandon

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its only $500 and my i can isntall it in my teams shop for free

·
Registered
949 Posts
woah. Did you talk with someone at levelten? Did they say it could be done on the rex? I'd like to know how it goes, because I'd LOVE to get that mod, and I know a few of my fellow 4EAT ers that would like that too!

·
Registered
482 Posts
WRX said:
woah. Did you talk with someone at levelten? Did they say it could be done on the rex? I'd like to know how it goes, because I'd LOVE to get that mod, and I know a few of my fellow 4EAT ers that would like that too!
I second that :eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
thats awesome but deffinitly a power train warrenty problem. i think there would be alot of possibility of your tranny going pre maturely

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
350Zya said:
thats awesome but deffinitly a power train warrenty problem. i think there would be alot of possibility of your tranny going pre maturely
why would u say that? if i dont get this shftronic im going for valve body work and new TC and tranyn cooler fans weee imma brake torque to deathq

·
Registered
13 Posts
WRXout said:
im still waiting for an email back
heard back yet?

I don't think it would be too rough on the 4eat since JDM and Euro WRX's come with sportshift. I just hope the shift-gate doesn't look ghetto. Be nice if you could just use the JDM one or one from a leg B4

·
Registered
105 Posts
i am interested too...

I too am interested. Why didnt they just give us the option of sportronic? if any one heres more on this let me know. I would like to see the STi get paddle shifting someday:) thanks guys

chris

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they emailed me back, they told me its $498 for the subaru application and give it 2 weeks..imma order it in a month :D

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Holy shizzle. Exactly what I wanted. Where would you get it installed and how difficult would it be?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BrandonWRX said:
Holy shizzle. Exactly what I wanted. Where would you get it installed and how difficult would it be?
i dunno,my team mangers going to install mine :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
when you get it take and post lots and lots of pictures... and lots :D

I might have to scrap my ideas for a JDM sportshift conversion and go with one of these :wiggles:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well im still researching , i want to see if this shiftronic will reduce drivetrain loss at shifts....and since when ytou downshift with it it locks up the TC to deccel like a standard will you accel faster from a roll? if anyoe can answer me those that would be great...i want to make sure im getting something that will allow me to go faster

1 - 20 of 21 Posts