ClubWRX Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
UPDATE:

SEE FIRST POST ON THIS THREAD

The first post on this thread will contain updates that pertain to all. Todays update is who's going.

If we missed you let us know.

Right now the vote is 8am or 9am

I 2nd the 9am as it takes a good while to get there.

As far as a 2 dayer goes I suggest for safety's sake it should be a 2 day trip, but you make your own decision. I say this beacuse while we will be covering some road we will want to stop and enjoy the trip every once in a while. Since it is already a fair distance out there you may make the trip unenjoyable for yourself if you try to rush home.

I have a call in for one of the lodges at Hanagans Meadow for the Lilly lodge. If there is 7 people it would be $25 a person. It may however it may be already reserved.

How many Campers do we have out there? I am one!

Are the Bears hungry this time of year? :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I will not be camping, as it is my wife's birthday that weekend I promised her we would be staying in a nice B&B, cabin or guest ranch type place.

-the_bear

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
We'll camp in your parking lot :)

BTW I'll have extra radios for who needs them

·
Registered
8 Posts
I need to be back for church by 8:00 am on Sunday so I am voting for the 8 am start time. I know that this puts pressure to see everything pretty quickly so maybe I'll just break away at alpine or something. just my $.02

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Hannagans Meadow Lodge called back.

They said that rates are based on 2 day rentals. They said if a cabin is not rented by mid week the will rent for 1 day. Lodge rooms are available for 1 day rentals but are mor expensive.

I'm camping :( :)

8 am is ok but 1 hour will not make that much difference 24 hours later based on ther traveling we will do.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah I called them the other day and they told me the same story, cabins are two day minimums. It seems like many of the places are like that.

Edit: I made a reservation at Hannagan Meadow Lodge for Saturday, to stay in one of their B&B rooms.

-the_bear

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
On US Highway 191, NS-bound from milepost 207.4, at ROSE PARK RANGER STATION to milepost 225.0, 6.3 miles South of HANNAGAN MEADOWSat May 22 2004 07:00 AM to Sat Jul 31 2004 04:30 PMRoad closed due to fire and hazardous materials cleanup. call: Office 928-687-1411
I'll call tomorrow and update...

http://www.az511.com/RoadwayConditions/graham.php

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
So could rain.

There has to be a way around ithe closure without driving too far.

I hope

·
Registered
125 Posts
20 miles of closure with no connecting roads! Doesn't look good... does anyone know if highway 180 is comparable? Its a bit further east, via who-knows-what condition highway 78, and in New Mexico, but looks like the only alternative if we want this part of the country.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was worried the fire would have an impact on this route. I hope it opens back up by the weekend.

Unfortunately, either way, I will not be able to go with you guys now. This morning my boss told me I have to go out of town for work and will be gone for a few weeks. :( Nothing like those short notice business trips to throw a wrench in your plans.

I hope you guys enjoy the ride and the weather is good for you.

-the_bear

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Well we could go up to Hannagan Medow and back. It would be almost as fun...

Bear, tell your boss we are going to ruin his weekend too :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

·
Registered
125 Posts
I didn't think driving to Hannagan was an option... I read the closure as 191 being closed for 25 or so miles south of Hannagan. Meaning, we cannot leave from Safford and get to Hannigan via the 191. Did I read this wrong?

Unless we're OK with driving just a-ways past Morenci and heading back, I recommend we look for another destination.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How about we all wear yellow flannel shirts and not shave for a couple of days and say that we are part of the fire crew. Once we are past the road block it should be clear sailing!:D

Does anyone want to just drive up Kitt Peak near Tucson?

I am really bummed about those closures!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was looking forward to cooling off a bit! I haven't driven the peak yet... that might be alright. Whats everyone else think? The weekend is creeping up fast!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
It sucks!

I was looking forward to it bigtime. It seems that the road closure has put a big damper on it.

I'll say for sure in a bit but at this moment I am leaning towards rescheduling...

61 - 80 of 83 Posts