Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some of you know, I had every hope that this Saturday would give me the time I needed to install everything for the wagon. It seems that the soccer season is even MORE endless than even I could imagine... Last night I get a call from our Club guy, asking me to help out with the teams we have traveling to Tempe over Thanksgiving for a tournament. Fine, that is from 12-2 PM this Saturday. An afternoon install looks feasable but OH NO! I now have a "season end" banquet to attend at 2:30 PM.

The three car garage stands ready for a late afternoon install effort. I am thinking around 4:30 PM is when I am going to do this come he!! or high water! :) The garage also has a heater thank goodness.

The list:
-TXS stealth back
-Prodrive axel back
-IC hoses
-Turbo inlet pipe
-(possibly, if they get here) JDM clear corners and side markers.
-(maybe) Column mount turbo gauge.

The third bay will be open for anyone that needs to do an oil change or ???

At the conclusion of this little event, I thought we could then travel over toward the Pavilions off of Church Ranch and hit up Jackson's Hole or something. The first round will be on me. (Mark, I'll get your Pepsi :) )

·
Banned
2,810 Posts
You need any tools? Jackstands? Crawler? Torque wrench? Insanely bright work light? I recently invested in a rubber mallet, that worked wonders for installing my shifter....

My roommate in college had a rubber mallet. He got it because it was sold as an "engineering hammer". We spent many months trying to figure out what we could possibly use it for.... never did figure it out. I guess we're not proper engineers. Although, I think we did smash a couple annoying circuit boards with it....

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Zem said:
You need any tools? Jackstands? Crawler? Torque wrench? Insanely bright work light? I recently invested in a rubber mallet, that worked wonders for installing my shifter....

My roommate in college had a rubber mallet. He got it because it was sold as an "engineering hammer". We spent many months trying to figure out what we could possibly use it for.... never did figure it out. I guess we're not proper engineers. Although, I think we did smash a couple annoying circuit boards with it....
Ah! A torque wrench would be good. My dad's is a little uhmm... "old" to say the least. A work light would be good. As far as tools and rubber mallets? Plenty of tools on hand. If you feel more secure carrying your "engineering hammer" around, feel free to bring it along. You never know when frustration may surface!

As I see things, one of us can tackle the exhaust, and the others can do the IC and turbo inlet hoses. Still haven't decided if I am going to go ahead and get the turbo gauge from flat4 yet, but I will need to eventually.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well, here's my predicament. I should be able to help, however, I have some work to do on my car as well. It seems that my turbo water line (the one that runs down under the turbo from the driver's side of the turbo) has worn through from hitting the engine block. I need to pull off the turbo, pull off that line, somehow fix it or replace it, and put the car back together before the end of the day, otherwise I have no other transportation.

I could use some help with this as well (and the rubber mallet would be very helpful), but I'd like to do it earlier in the day so that I can go have the small hole brazed over at a shop of some sort. Once I'm up and rolling I'm more than willing to help in any way.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Jay, I don't see the stuff you have going on taking too terribly long. The Samcos are a 20 minute install, the turbo back maybe 2 hours tops, the turbo inlet pipe might be more work - haven't ever done one of those but I hear they are a pain.

One thing I would suggest while you are doing the exhaust, is get the MIL eliminator from ponyexpress. It's only like $21 and you will VERY likely get a CEL for cat inefficiency with the full turbo back. Have you done an uppipe?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tronner said:
Jay, I don't see the stuff you have going on taking too terribly long. The Samcos are a 20 minute install, the turbo back maybe 2 hours tops, the turbo inlet pipe might be more work - haven't ever done one of those but I hear they are a pain.

One thing I would suggest while you are doing the exhaust, is get the MIL eliminator from ponyexpress. It's only like $21 and you will VERY likely get a CEL for cat inefficiency with the full turbo back. Have you done an uppipe?
I have not done the uppipe yet. That is in the future (probably spring). I did have the forsite, thanks to some opinions given by the good people here, to get the MIL. It should arrive with the IC hoses today.

Wish I was free during the day. I would gladly help you with that other issue :) Hopeful it won't take you all day and you will be up for the Jackson's Hole thing later that evening.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Tronner said:
Well, here's my predicament. I should be able to help, however, I have some work to do on my car as well. It seems that my turbo water line (the one that runs down under the turbo from the driver's side of the turbo) has worn through from hitting the engine block. I need to pull off the turbo, pull off that line, somehow fix it or replace it, and put the car back together before the end of the day, otherwise I have no other transportation.

I could use some help with this as well (and the rubber mallet would be very helpful), but I'd like to do it earlier in the day so that I can go have the small hole brazed over at a shop of some sort. Once I'm up and rolling I'm more than willing to help in any way.
I'll try to help you out with that Tronner

·
Registered
223 Posts
That's awesome Mad, thanks for the offer! I think I am going to order the water lines for the TD04 just in case the hole is too big to fix or something.

Hopefully the TD05 and TD04's use the same lines!!

If you can help, let me know what time you think you could do it and we'll get it figured out. Maybe we could do that early in the day at my house or something closer to where we both live, and then I can drive up and help Jay later.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Steve,
I just live down the road from you and all I have to do Saturday is take my girl to the airport at 10:30 then I am free till the following Saturday...haha..Anyways Mike (Veagan) and I are just going to be hanging out and were thinking of heading over to Todds later to help him finish his car..So if you like I can give you a call as I am on my way back to my house from the Airport and then we can work on your return hose. After your fixed then its on to finish Todds ride...so many cars and not enough hands..haha

LMK
Kory

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thanks Kory! I'd like to take you up on that. I'd also like to go help Todd out too. He's certainly helped me out many times.

My number is 303 475 6219 if you want to give me a call when you're available.

·
Registered
356 Posts
MtnManWRX said:
I know I remebered once I read the board, I will call you tonight.
And Steve I got your number, I will call you once I am on my way back from DIA, should be around 11am Saturday.:thumbup:

Sweet new smileys

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wow, with all the phone numbers and "friendly" attitudes, I would suspect some hand holding and innocuous groping at this meet.:p

Nick C.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tronner said:
Should be perfect, I'll just be getting over a hangover by then :barf:
AGAIN!?!:eek3: bahahahahahahaaa...:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts