Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey a lot of people have some misconceptions abour A4/S4/RS4, just felt I should clear up some misconception, O and BTW nice lookin site, WRX are sum cool cars.

A4- For the 2002 model year Audi has a 3.0L and a 1.8T L car. The 3.0 is rated at 220hp and the 1.8 is rated at 170. As of now, A LOT of 1.8T are rolling around, and its safe to say that pretty much all A4's out there are only 170hp.

S4-The sleeper of the family. looks just like the A4 except for badging. 2.7L Bi-Turbo 250hp car, downrated via a governor for American Spec cars. The turbos are governed a lot, so that should explain why a $600 chip change(APR, GIAC, NEUSPEED, etc..) frees up these cars. APR's dyno'd specs are 307hp and 366 ft/lbs on chip ALONE. Now if you look away from the hp for a minute, look at that torque!! 366 is a lot, especially for an AWD car, and especially one that hits its peak torque at 1850rpm! (a little higher with chip, thats for stock, but still...)That kind of low-end torque is what kills most cars off the line.

RS4- European only, avant model only(the wagon one) 380hp, 440 ft/lbs, off of the same 2.7T Bi-turbo in the S4, do not expect to see any of these cruising around. Many people buy the grills and other decals for their S4 avants/sedans, but dont expect to race one.

as for e.t.'s, A4 stock are a joke, dont even bother, heavy mods will still bring it barely close to S4 stock(with exception to turbo stuff), S4 stock are 13.9-14.1 cars, dependent on the driver and tranny. chip, exhaust, maybe shortshift for stick will drop these cars into the low 13's.

RS4- i have no clue

hope this clears up some misconception. feel free to head over to
Audiworld.com, interesting site, interesting people.

·
Registered
27 Posts
RS4 Specs

Here in Australia, we actually have some RS4s. Limited to 30 cars in 2001 (I previously stated 20, like some mags said, inconsistent).

Also, stock as, they don't run 13.60 0-400m like I said (got this from 1 mag), but possibly more like 13.20 0-400m (from MOTOR aus).... In terms of 1/4 mile then it might be a high 12's car in the 4.X sec 0-60mph range!!

Awesome car, but its Fly-By-Wire throttle set up does not allow simultaneous throttle and braking, unlike BMWs F-B-Ws.
Therefore, no left foot braking to stabilise the car going into high speed turns, and no left food braking on the way in and out of apex to play with weight transfer oversteer (not that its AWD needs it), althought its still an understeer biased set up...

S4 is now the old shape now anyway, have to wait for new shape, which I DOUBT will be any good looking by the way that the new A4 platforms are designed.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Man those things must have some heavy duty running gears for that much power to all 4 wheels. Hmm, that much power in a WRX, what would break out first? Axles, tranny, hubs, drives shafts.........?.

Uhh ohh, duck!!

Thanks for the info S4Guy

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hah just wait for the RS6, another great car we'll never see here. It weighs alot (4100+lb) but it'll still do 0-60 in 4.7 seconds. 4.2L twin-turbo V8. 460hp stock... and it's a station wagon. :) But they are making a sedan version of the RS6 as well. Of course the estimated cost is > $90k...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts