ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I got a quick question for you legal guru's. My friend and I were riding home tonight (on 270 south for you fellow Marylanders) and the cop passed me and proceeded to pulled my friend over. Being the good friend that I am I pulled over about 200 feet in front of them to wait for him. Well I started walking toward them and the officier walked up to me and said "i'm glad you pulled over too, license and registration". I was like "what the hell, you didn't pull me over". Long story short he gave me a speeding ticket along as well. What's the deal with that? He told that if I had kept going I wouldn't have gotten a ticket. Can he do that? Isn't that self-incrimination? It wasn't like I was turning myself in. I would appreciate any feedback you guys have.

Oh, he got my friend by pacing him for about a mile. My buddy was going faster than me and passed me. The officer passed me too and never made any contact with me or gave me any impression that I was going to be pulled over.

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Go to court. thats the only way. Make sure he has proof of a speed and if not... you are home free. Pacing only can be applied to the vehicle being observed and directly in front of the officer. He was just being a di**. But your friend is busted. If he goes to court with ya and the officer doesn't show, which happens like 90% of the time, then the ticket gets tossed.

On a side note, over here it is against the law for an accompanying car to pull over and confront an officer who is taking care of "business". Due to the officers safety, he can draw his gun or issue citations at will depending on the severity of the situation or the mood he is in.:confused1. sux, doesn't it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can understand that. It was one officer and two of us. I didn't get right up on them. I started to walk towards them and stop quite a ways away just so that I wouldn't cause any alarm. The officer is the one that approached me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts