ClubWRX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
I'd like to put nice wheels on my legacy. Shame my old lady drives it and has turned it into a curb seeking missile.

·
Registered
80 Posts
How do you like the legacy? My friend has one and he said he likes it better than a wrx/sti. Understood that he is just using it to get to work. He said he thought they rode smoother than the wrxs. Also what fuel mileage are you getting?

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
When i drive it I get a touch over 30. When the old lady drives it closer to 20.

I like it all around. Good daily driver.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm the only one driving this baby😁. The legacy I think is the smoothest ride of them all. Their very fast and great gas mileage. On highway going 60 with cruise on I can get up to 36 mpg. I love this car!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
My wife had a 2014 Legacy. She smashed into a massive deer on the highway at a claimed "70" mph. It looked like more than 85 mph, to me. It crushed the front right corner of the car and deployed all of the airbags. A total of $14k in damage. She was fine and the cabin was fine. The car still ran. The car was fixed and then traded.

I didn't like the CVT in the car. Gas mileage was around that of my WRX - 23mpg. Capable of nearly 30 mpg on highway, just like the WRX. I wouldn't say it was fast, by any means, though. My wife hopped in a 2018 Elantra sport and the dual-clutch turbo was much faster than the Legacy. She was immediately sold.

The Legacy drove VERY nicely, and it was a beast in the snow. It was smooth and planted. You can definitely feel the "light-ness" of the front end on the ES.

Anyway, great color and best of luck with the new Subie!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Chris x. It's my first Subaru and I'm just learning more about them. I actually moved from Audi to learn the Subaru family starting with the legacy.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Don't know if I would call the Legacy fast . . . but I would say it's fine for every day driving. I've never felt like it didn't have enough giddy up and go while merging on to the highway or anything like that. Overall the fit and finish seems a step up from my WRX and it's my preferred car to take on longer trips.

Unlike ChristopherWRX I don't mind the CVT.

This year I mounted some General Arctic snow tires on black American Racing rims . . . I think it looks pretty sharp, but I think my wife is eager to go back to the ho-hum, not standing out OEM silver rims.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi firefighterjake. I'm not saying it's fast like a mustang just saying it has that little pick up. Probably just me. Being it's my first Subaru I'm feeling gassed up lol. It's my daily and I'm liking the ride do far. Gonna do a little here and there to it. So far I got my second amendment decal on the back window lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wrx maniac before you talk about my car look at your face!! Not even a rolls royce will make that mug look good. LMFAO I would stay inside all day with a mug like that. You should be the last one to talk about anything

·
BooSTIng
2,771 Posts
Wrx maniac before you talk about my car look at your face!! Not even a rolls royce will make that mug look good. LMFAO I would stay inside all day with a mug like that. You should be the last one to talk about anything
Lol no need to get butt hurt, my account was hacked by lame friends, but I'll leave the comment now since it got to you haha

·
something else forever
3,897 Posts
test drove a 2018 3.6R legacy a little while ago... quick enough to not feel slow as a daily... but way too calm and "stable" in my opinion :p

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,679 Posts
Wait, does OP not recognise Bubbles in Maniac’s avatar?! Bubbles is the smartest guy in Sunnyvale!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.