ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister has an '08 legacy and i have an '08 WRX...I convinced her to trade wheels with me (hated the 10 spoke that came with the wrx...big fan of 5-spoke). Heres a pic, let me know what you all think. I'm eventually going to drop it probably 1-1.5 inches in the front 1.5-2.0 in the back...

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Car looks great to me

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
26,158 Posts
I like 5 spoke wheels also. Lookin good. :thumbup:

·
Banned
0 Posts
i like the 10 spoke BBS wheels that come on the STi i'm getting ready to purchase. :)

but in general i like 10 spoke. Except some really sexy 5 spoke models... ok i like 'em all.

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
26,158 Posts
My main problem with 10 spoke wheels is not the look so much,but they are hard to clean.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dude, that looks good. I wonder if they would fit on my 02? what are those 17s?
I think the drop you're planning might be a little low but I'd stick with those 5 spokers, they really compliment your ride. :thumbup:

·
Registered
353 Posts
best looking 08 i've seen yet. those legacy wheels should come stock on the wrx. got any pics of the legacy with 10 spokes? it's the head on photo that still hasn't grown on me. like the 4 door tho. 5 door will probably never grow on me. do you have the sport grill on it?

did you paint your calipers red? last time i was at the dealership i looked at every 08 on the lot and didn't see any red calipers.
Got some heat for *****in about the plastic intakes on the 08's (apparently they don't heat soak as bad but i'm used to seeing them fail on some of the newer mustangs and camaros) but didn't they discontinue the 4 POT brakes on the 08's?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
best looking 08 i've seen yet. those legacy wheels should come stock on the wrx. got any pics of the legacy with 10 spokes? it's the head on photo that still hasn't grown on me. like the 4 door tho. 5 door will probably never grow on me. do you have the sport grill on it?

did you paint your calipers red? last time i was at the dealership i looked at every 08 on the lot and didn't see any red calipers.
Got some heat for *****in about the plastic intakes on the 08's (apparently they don't heat soak as bad but i'm used to seeing them fail on some of the newer mustangs and camaros) but didn't they discontinue the 4 POT brakes on the 08's?
I'll try to get some pics of the Legacy...but in my opinion it looks A LOT better w/ the 10-spoke than the WRX did. I painted the calipers myself. And having the 5 spokes just m,akes it easier to see them. Looks good. I'm going to eventually need everyone's input when it comes to engine mods. i only know about VWs!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dude, that looks good. I wonder if they would fit on my 02? what are those 17s?
I think the drop you're planning might be a little low but I'd stick with those 5 spokers, they really compliment your ride. :thumbup:
Yeah they are 17s! I just switched them over b/c the only difference was that my tires areall-weather and hers aren't. Now my low tire light comes on so i'm taking it in to my dads work so they can reprogram the computer. :tongue:

·
Registered
120 Posts
heh, my sister has a Legacy too, the 3.0R Limited. it's a really nice car.

looks good! i had thought of doing the same thing, swapping rims, but decided i liked the 10 spokes better. :)

besides, i'm most likely swapping to the STi wheels once they're available in '08. :thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts