• Go different Make

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my mom needs a new car, Our 1995 Lincoln Town Car is slowly dying (RIP). Just wondering which car u would pick for a soccer mom, a legacy or forrester. Consider price, looks, and options. Dont focus on the performance or mod aspects, lol, we are talking about my mom;)

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
I voted Legacy because, unless she's concerned with ground clearance or off-road abliity, a Legacy will be a smoother handling vehicle with more driveability, IMO. On the other hand, Forester XTs are pretty sweet (but for Mom-unrelated reasons) :D

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
For a soccer mom?

probaly a forester cause you can hold more kids,

but then again the new legacy is just waaaaaaaaaay too sweet.. not that a soccer mom really needs a car with so much boost ;P

I think the legacy is just way too nice for to turn down, they are both nice, so it'll all come down to whether or not they are a SUV/Wagon or a CAR person.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Totally is going to depend on your mom me thinks. Have her test drive both. My mom picked a Forester over the older legacy wagon. She loves it. It will NOT hold more kids than a Legacy though, they are both 5 passenger cars(even that is stretching it). Great for road trips, and it has a full size spare.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but even though it has a higher roof, I don't see the Forrester being more comfortable for 5. The two cars should have about the same room. The Legacy may even get the nod since it's a longer car and therefore should have more leg room. The Legacy wagon should be very good at carrying anything you need. All that being said, the Forrester still has very good room for it's class.

legroom legacy (44.1/33.9 ) Forrester (43.6/33.7)
Cargo room legacy wagon (33.5) Forrester (32.0)

Anyway, it all really comes down to your mom's preferences. My mom likes to sit up a little high when driving so I want to get her a Forrester when her MPV dies. The Legacy is awesome and if I were to buy a car for reasons that I care about, driving dynamics, I'd choose it. But personally if I were to get a third car for snow trips and long trips in general that require more room I'd get a Forrester simply because I wouldn't need the driving dynamics of the Legacy, the Forrester provides enough room but has a shorter length. (first car would be a pure sports car, second a fast daily driver that's still too honed and small for snow or long trips) I hate long cars because of general maneuverability, turning radius and parking.

length legacy (188.7) Forrester (175.2 )

(note: I can't afford 3 cars, I'm just giving a what if :p )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts