ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting an STi. I'm a little older so the big wing thing doesn't do it for me. Have thought about adding an aftermarket intercooler behind front bumper and then replacing the hood scoop with a slightly larger Legacy GT style hood scoop and WRX rear wing. Can anyone photoshop this or seen it done before?

·
Registered
863 Posts
if you're getting a FMIC (front mount intercooler) there would really be no reason to upgrade the hood scoop as there would be no intercooler to benefit from the air flow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Understand. Just thought the Legacy GT style scoop would look better/sleeker than the ampitheater it has now.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
theres people out there with WRX that will trade ya straight up for trunks usually.

about the hood...the STI is the biggest scoop of them all, and if you go front mount, you dont need a hood scoop or if you want a smaller one go with the WRX scoop. there are some pretty cool reverse scoops for when you have a front mount that look damn cool. you could also just get a plain RS hood w/ no scoop.

but the legacy idea i think is out...unless its custom built. those are built into the hood unlike ours.

welcome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stage II Power Package from Cobb is budgeted for. Just looking to alter the car's appearance and customize it a bit. I'd still like for it to appear to have come from the factory.

Also, does you guys know if Subaru is planning on redesigning the Impreza body in a year or two? Since they just did the Legacy, I thought they might be looking at the Impreza too.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
a bad chop. but a rough idea of what you want.

if you go FMIC, do the wrx swap for trunk and spoiler and youll haev a nice lil sleeper :) and itll look completely stock. just make that FMIC stealthy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn quick.....good job. Gives me a good idea. I've always thought the Legacy GT scoop may be too low, so I'd want one that's a little taller. Maybe somthing like is on the the new Saab 9-2X.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts