ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've always like the Leds on cars so I decided to put it on my WRX and give it a try.

Looks pretty awesome I think. Heres a video on it. I'll get some night pics of it soon.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Opnions vary. No offense, but here's mine:
1) You're blocking intake air.
2) They don't mesh well with the car. Leave LED stripping to Audi, Lexus, and the like.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Not sure that I like them up high but Post some night shots to see how they look with the rest of the car lights. I have those strips and am using them as under good lights that will turn on when the hood is opened.

Good idea and if you like them that is all that matters. Let us know how they hold up over time. I am worried mine will peel off from engine heat after a while.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone!

yea, its personal preference, no offense taken. i like them a lot. it adds a different look. i don't think it blocks any air flow.

its been on the car for about 5 months i wanna say. its rained a bunch here and its gotten real hot/windy, its still sticky and still on the car. i'll get a night pic/video up soon for you guys. thanks for checking out the post!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
If it helps you to see better then i'd be all for it... if it's just for looks alone... wouldn't be for me, but i'm glad you like it.

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
The great thing about car modifications is that you can do whatever you want to your car. I think this idea is pretty cool. I don't think I would do it, but you seem to really enjoy it and in my book that is all that matters.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The great thing about car modifications is that you can do whatever you want to your car. I think this idea is pretty cool. I don't think I would do it, but you seem to really enjoy it and in my book that is all that matters.

I like the look at night. I think standing back a bit they must look pretty cool. Nice job.
Thanks guys. I agree, Its my car and I do what I think is best for it. In this case, I like the look of it.

They do look really nice from far away. What I have noticed is, both night and day, drivers tend to get out of my way more now. So maybe I'm more visible which encourages people to move over. What ever the case, I like.

Also, Thanks for the kind words. I read around the forum more than I post because I've seen people bash other people real hard on these Subaru forums. I'm from a Camaro/Trans Am community and they were a bit nicer. I'm new to the Subaru world and I've notice a bit harsher attitude here. What ever the case, I enjoy the car and I still poke around the forum from time to time.

·
The Member
4,146 Posts

Sorry, bro. I had to.
Lol it does fit the theme of the thread. Led front bar and he is from the F-Body world :)

OP, stick around and you will learn that we are actually the nicer of the main WRX forums. A lot of what is said here is meant in a joking manner. Just takes time to learn our personalities.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Aye. Subaru (and every other car maker) will eventually add LEDs.
This.

It will happen as other car manufacturers begin using LEDs as the DRLs. It will be cheaper and much easier to maintain (as in zero maintenance). You'll never have to change a buld that burnt out cause of the DRL use, and it's obviously cheaper than HID bulbs.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
My only issue would be you've put them right in the path of the air intake which isn't a good thing.

Personal preference aside...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts