Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I own a 2017 WRX, and decided to buy this from subispeed: SubiSpeed DRL Harness for Boomerang (C-Light) - 2015+ WRX Base / Premium / 2013+ Crosstrek - Exterior - 15+ WRX

Basically it's a kit that turns C-lights into DRL and comes with LEDs instead of the halogens. I've had it in my car for around two weeks, when I noticed that one of the lights went out. Turns out the LED melted, and even melted a part of the seating too. The seating is fine, and I tested a different LED and it does still work. However, does this mean I have to replace the entire harness/wiring kit or was it just a faulty bulb that needs to be replaced? Thanks in advance. Contacting Subispeed right now to get a replacement as well.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Attachment don't work, try uploading to "Gallery" then posting the links.

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
I really can't fathom why people still order from SubiSpeed.

Good luck, OZ.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, they said they're shipping a replacement to me. Still...will I have to replace the entire harness or just the LED? I guess I'll try another LED and see if that one burns out, since they're sending me two more.

·
Registered
370 Posts
on the one that still works... does the wire feel hot after its been running for awhile? and i mean hot like you couldn't close your hand on it without getting burned, a little warmth is fine.

hopefully you just got a bad led.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
on the one that still works... does the wire feel hot after its been running for awhile? and i mean hot like you couldn't close your hand on it without getting burned, a little warmth is fine.

hopefully you just got a bad led.
Nope, doesn't get hot. Left it on for 15 minutes and couldn't feel anything.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
17k on OEM configuration with no issues, btw...

I don't get all of these lighting mods. They seem OK when they work right, but I've heard a ton of gripes, including this one. I'm sure it looks nice, but I would consider going back to stock at this point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts