Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm pretty new here but have been a fan of Subarus for a long time now. I"m looking to upgrade my fog light bezels for more LED lights and im in between these two:

SubiSpeed Switchback JDM WRX S4 Style DRL Fog Light Bezels - 15-17 WRX / 15-17 STI - Fog Lights - Lighting - 15+ STI
JDM Style Subaru WRX/STi S4 LED Daytime Running Fog Bezels

These two seem to be essentially the same thing so I'm wondering what everyone thinks of the two brands, or if there are other options I should know about I'd greatly appreciate it and will take them into consideration.

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
Subispeed Customer service and trustworthiness have been horrible in the past. I'm always very cautious ordering from them. The ones at Subispeed that are $180~ are knockoffs they've rebranded.

The second ones are Ebay knockoff ones, and other people have had a ton of trouble out of that store, from parts never shipping, to parts arriving and them having to rewire the whole thing. If you really want to do it, save up the money for the real Subaru replacement part from japan... around $500...

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've placed about 5 orders with Subispeed over the last year and have never had a problem. I do use PayPal for credit/debit card security.

·
Registered
6 Posts
prolightz has one too now. as far as i can tell, its got a very good reputation. I've ordered from them in the past too and had no issues. pricey though.

S4 Type WRX / STI LED Fog Light Bezels

Edit: I like the subispeed and prolightz ones over the ebay/oem ones because its got a full LED strip. Also those oem style connectors and full plug and play are such nice features.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the ebay ones for under $100 and I can guarantee that they're the same exact thing JDMtoy sells but more than $50 cheaper. They aren't oem quality but I haven't had any problems with them. Comes with harness and everything so I was impressed. So far so good but it's only been 6 months. I'd say go for it.

Subaru WRX STI 15-16 S4 Styled JDM Fog Light Cover LED DRL Bezel Filler Trim | eBay
Can you expand on it not being OEM quality? I can't really tell from the pictures cause they look the same lol

For $128 on sale, I got these LED fog light bezels. They look and work terrific.

JDM Style Subaru WRX/STi S4 LED Daytime Running Fog Bezels
A sale? when? :O

·
Registered
359 Posts
Can you expand on it not being OEM quality? I can't really tell from the pictures cause they look the same lol

I mean the plastic seems thinner than the non led bezels I took off and the plugs don't seem to be the best quality ever but I think at that price point its a no brainer

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had no problems with iJDMTOY and their service. On the otherhand, like irickchad I havent had the best experience with subiespeed's customer service

1 - 11 of 11 Posts