Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already replaced all the other lights on the car with LED bulbs, except the headlights and the third brake light in the window. Well, I can't find a Sylvania 912/921 LED bulb in red for it. I googled it to find some other acceptable brand and the results sucked, mostly I found 194/168 red LEDs or other brands that I'd never heard of and/or that looked like poo.
I checked out SuperbrightLED.com and had about the same sort of results as google.

I think the 194/168 red bulbs or tail light bulbs look sort of similar (couldn't test it, rain for two days and now ice again...) Has anyone tried this out already?

I have no idea if changing all the bulbs to LEDs is a common thing for people to do, but has anyone else found a solution to this?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate that, but that was literally the same thing I already did lol

Some of those are super expensive but look cheaply made, although some of them are super cheap and look well made and none of them are of any known brand so there's no way to tell if they're good or not.

Once again though 194/168 come up in the results.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did some comparing between the 194/168 bulb and the 921 and the only difference between the two was the size of the part where light comes from. I bought a 194 LED and I'm using it as my high mount brake bulb. No issues at all, had it in there for nearly a week already.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts