Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone install some leather seats in an '02 WRX wagon? I'm definitely going to have it done, but I can't decide on the colors and type. I'm thinking of Black with Grey inserts with a grey WRX logo. If you have any pictures of the finished product and any comments on the different materials (suede, perforated) and seat heaters I would love a little insight... I'm going to have them installed by a pro, I am a little too sloppy with glue :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Do a search, the covers have been discussed a few times. I think M Roadster+WRX has them in his and they look very nice.

Justin

·
Registered
166 Posts
Leather is good!

We have the red and black leather seats. I posted a bunch of pics here already, so I won't waste space and repost them. But, if you do a search for my posts, you should find what you're looking for. We don't have the heated seats. Overall, we love them. Adds a bit of luxury feel to the car. Plus they feel so good on your bum. :D

Good luck.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I installed mine and thought it was fairly easy. The massage units were the only hard part. I sugest a dark WRX so it is easier to keep clean. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't own my 02 rex yet, but soon this week I hope...

Im going w/ black exterior and black/blue leather seats, looks good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Leather seats?

Anyone know any good aftermarket companies who will put leather in the new age impreza in the LA area. Suggestions and maybe pics would be great!!:) I've heard of companies offering two tone leather colors. Just wanted to see what color combinations looked nice.

Eric:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
when i worked for subaru i was installing a BPM exhuast on a subie that had custom grey and blue seat with the WRX emblem in it..it looked SOOOOooo sweet..id go for it that way , i dunno that brand or anyting but it was really nice..

·
Registered
4 Posts
WRX Leather Seats

Get a custom leather interior from www.atd1.com. I purchased my custom leather kit from them for my '02 WRX. I was extremely satisfied with the company and they were very knowledgable about helping me design my kit. I did a custom 2-tone interior and it looks awesome...fits like factory. They were also able to hook me up with a local installation facility. I got my kit for a really good price...$650 plus shipping for the kit and it was only $100 to 2-tone it...totally worth it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
WilliamG said:
No side airbags though after you change the seats..
you sure? I heard with leatherseats.com that the side airbags remained intact.

What I want is new fabric covers. Wonder how cheap that would be.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The '03 WRX we bought had dealer-installed leather. (they actually farmed it out to a local leather shop of course)

Black leather with a carbon-fiber pattern on certain sections, plus 'WRX' embroidered in the rally blue. Very nice, very
tight, with side-impact bags intact. Leather also in the doors too. Completely changes the feel of the car! Very sweet.

I have some pictures in my digital camera - I'll post them once I've downloaded them to my PC.

Sorry, but I don't know which shop they used. I could probably find out though (Gerald Subaru in Naperville, IL).

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Re: WRX Leather Seats

JPAPA125 said:
Get a custom leather interior from www.atd1.com. I purchased my custom leather kit from them for my '02 WRX. I was extremely satisfied with the company and they were very knowledgable about helping me design my kit. I did a custom 2-tone interior and it looks awesome...fits like factory. They were also able to hook me up with a local installation facility. I got my kit for a really good price...$650 plus shipping for the kit and it was only $100 to 2-tone it...totally worth it.
650 after install?

·
Registered
141 Posts
ebr0t - www.atd1.com looks like they charge $679.95 covers only. Which from thier pricing layout seems to look an awfull lot like leatherseats prices. I kind of suspect thats where atd1 gets there kits from.

I bought my leatherseats kit last year with suede inserts and heated seat pads one of the best mods I have done to my car.
There kit alows you to keep the side airbags by making a speacial breakaway seem in the cover that alows the airbag to deploy.

I would keep an eye on the NASIOC group buys I think theres another leatherseats group buy comming and it will save you some money.

·
Registered
141 Posts
thats for a full kit front and back

the install is not to bad just takes a little patience I think the hardest part was the rear armrest because it was hard to remove the bolts.

Oh and these kits include material to match the fabric door inserts to the seats

1 - 20 of 35 Posts