Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone, I am looking for input and suggestions on a quick and painless way to care for what I believe to be actual leather seats in my car. I currently use Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaning and Conditioning Spray and it appears to work great(lol actually only used it once), I'm new to leather care so it sure what to think! Thanks ahead of time guys, by the way WRX owners are some of the nicest fellow car people always saying hi and flashing their lights to greet from afar. What a great community!

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I used to use Meguiar's but never in its new spray version. I converted from Meguiar's (which is a really good product) after sitting in a friend's car who had used Zaino (Z-9 leather cleaner and then Z-10 leather conditioner). The smell was like walking into the most expensive leather shop in Beverly Hills, or a similarly exclusive shop that makes custom saddles and related leather gear for top-end horses.

I am very happy using Zaino Z-10 almost exclusively (because I never let my car's seats, etc. to get dirty and thus personally do not need Z-9).

One bottle of Z-10 will do two cars for two years.

Zaino Store : Z-10 Leather in a Bottle

And every time you get into your car, your will again feel like you just walked into a leather goods shop.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I used to use Meguiar's but never in its new spray version. I converted from Meguiar's (which is a really good product) after sitting in a friend's car who had used Zaino (Z-9 leather cleaner and then Z-10 leather conditioner). The smell was like walking into the most expensive leather shop in Beverly Hills, or a similarly exclusive shop that makes custom saddles and related leather gear for top-end horses.

I am very happy using Zaino Z-10 almost exclusively (because I never let my car's seats, etc. to get dirty and thus personally do not need Z-9).

One bottle of Z-10 will do two cars for two years.

Zaino Store : Z-10 Leather in a Bottle

And every time you get into your car, your will again feel like you just walked into a leather goods shop.
I second this. Zaino is great stuff. Ive used their Z-10 a lot

Ive also used Lexol for a very long time with very good results.

·
Registered
370 Posts
ive been working as a leather repair tech for almost 8 years now. use mild soap and water only for cleaning, no solvents of any kind other than water. for example, put a few drops of hand soap(make sure it dosent have lotion in it) into a quart of water, you want the cleaner to foam a little but not too much. get white, ultra-fine scotch brite pads and scrub the leather with your cleaner and the pad, if theres any stubborn areas you can actually use a little force here just use common sense and dont lean on it. then wipe it up well with a clean rag, if the soap leaves residue take a damp rag with just water and wipe everything again. lastly you do not have to clean your seats often, once a month TOPS, if you spill something ofc clean it but over-cleaning is one of the biggest issues i see on car leather.

for conditioning make sure whatever you buy dosent have silicone in it, other than that go to town, get whatever scent you want. also do not over condition the leather, at MOST 4 times a year is plenty. if you live in a desert and the car is never in a garage maybe every other month. over-conditioning can cause issues as well.

my company sells products but its very expensive as our primary clients are using our stuff on aircraft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts