Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Question for you guys who lease as I am currently considering leasing. Since this forum is for tri-state people what do you guys do with the summer tires when you lease?

1) Get another set of cheap wheels with winter / all season and swap them. At the end of lease sell the set?

2) Get some ultra high performance all season and sell the oem dunlop and call it a day.

3) Drive with the summer all year round? Not recommended.

4) Buy a set of winter or all season and do 5 or 6 swaps during the lease duration. This probably cost more than a cheap set of rims.

How are the Dunlops holding up for people who already leased the 2015 for about two years? Enough thread when returning?

Thanks!

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that what you are doing? How much did you pay? You will sell after lease?

I think the oem rims are offset 55 with bolt pattern 114. I wonder if this is common enough to put onto another car if you get steelies with similiar offset.

· Registered
2,100 Posts
No, I will never lease. It makes absolutely no sense for me.. but to keep it on topic I do have dedicated snows that I swap.. I planned on getting steelies but tirerack was "sold out for the season" when I ordered mine so I went with a cheap set of wheels.
After you hand the car back over to the dealer, you can hang on to the tires if they fit your new car, or sell them.

· Registered
56 Posts
I lease, keeping my stock rims. I dipped them and Im good with it.

Picked up a second set of stocks for snows. They came through on facebook so I nabbed them. Mint condition.

Im not sure, I may buy it out and then sell it on my own. I'll get some money back that way. It will be in good condition, no engine mods, well maintained with very low miles. Possible warranty still. Im not sure on a warranty transfer, with a lease its a 4 year warranty on the car. I work from home mostly, I dont drive much...

I'll see in 2.5 years. If I turn in I'll sell of the snows-rims/front lip/exhaust.

· Registered
21 Posts
It better be ok. I just got a set of four wheels and Blizzak tires (215/50R-17) from tirerack and they are 48mm offset. I have a 2017 WRX. I haven't put them on my car yet. They are what Tirerack recommended.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.