ClubWRX Forum banner

should I go for a professional instructed class instead of keep practicing on my own car?

• Go for instructed class

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Practice on my own

Votes: 2 100.0%
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Limp it to an auto parts store and have them scan the code if you don't already have a scan tool.
No scan tool, was hoping it will go away just like how it blinked & went away before... but it actually stayed on, sigh* It still drives fine, I will try to bring it to the shop later

·
12,265 Posts
No scan tool, was hoping it will go away just like how it blinked & went away before... but it actually stayed on, sigh* It still drives fine, I will try to bring it to the shop later
Autozone will read the codes for free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Going clutch only lets you get a good feeling for where the clutch starts to grab. I also noticed for smooth shifts into 2nd-6th you don't really push the gas & let out the clutch at the same time it's more like leading with the clutch & following with the gas.

Your frustration level plays into learning it too. Regardless if you stall or not being relaxed helps you not rush through the movements.

If it snows where you live practicing in the snow helps some.

There is S, S# & I modes for the accelerator the I setting may be best to learn. When I borrowed my moms van she was having a hard time with S but no problem with I as long as she didn't accidentally lock the diffs instead.
that 2nd to 6th part is the best piece of advice

21 - 23 of 23 Posts