ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can someone please try a shed some light on my problem... I had it for almost a year now and cant seem to diagnose the issue...

As the the topic says, when I get my car mapped it ALWAYS end up leaning out at high revs (5500k +) when we advance the timing it get worse and when we retard the timing it get worse, the only way out of it is to turn the boost down and leave the timing where it is
To me it pointing to the MAF (which ive replaced) not reading the volume of air correctly, But what ever it is its realling p*****g me off now!!!

My mods are

Haywood and Scott cat back, Sports cat, de-cat up pipe, Stainless headers
Fuel pressure regulator
FMIC
Perrin Short ram air filter
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
Gizzmo Electronic Boost Controller

Any ideas would be a great help!!!

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
I f you datalog the car it would be amazing simple to figure out. By looking at injector pulsewidth, MAF g/s and wideband AFR readings you should be able to solve the issue. Could be either a fuel pump or FPR issue as well. List what year STI this is for.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Also, you may consider finding a new tuner. He/She doesn't sound like they completely know what they are doing.

However my initial guess is fuel pump. Who did you purchase your Walbro from? There are a lot of fakes around and ending up with one of those would definitely cause fueling issues

1 - 3 of 3 Posts