ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a perrin resevoir that came with my fmic cause i had to dump the stock one, its leaking coolant..........is this normal for the first day or so?

anyone know a website to tell me how to install this properly? thank you, i think me and my brother did it correctly

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trainrex said:
Is it leaking from the bottom, or coming out from the tube. How much coolant did you put in it?
it seems like its leaking from the bottom, we didnt put any coolant in it.......we dumped it the stock resevoir.......i need like a better installation guide, and they gave us another hose for dump......what do you think man? :confused:

i see no coolant coming out of the tube...and its tite locked.

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
You may want to remove it and inspect it for cracks, or a bad seem. A overflow bottle is only there to catch the excess water as it expands, and to resupply the water to the radiator as it cools and contracts. Normally you will have a hose going from the radiator or water neck to the cap of the bottle, then through the cap and to the bottom of the bottle. The hose that runs outside and down the side of it is only for venting/overfilling drainage.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trainrex said:
You may want to remove it and inspect it for cracks, or a bad seem. A overflow bottle is only there to catch the excess water as it expands, and to resupply the water to the radiator as it cools and contracts. Normally you will have a hose going from the radiator or water neck to the cap of the bottle, then through the cap and to the bottom of the bottle. The hose that runs outside and down the side of it is only for venting/overfilling drainage.
thats exactly how its set up, im thinking we didnt tightent something up well, or maybe a screw under there isnt locked correctly..... you just made me feel better! thanks man.....me and fahd will take a look at it tonite

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
WRXout said:
thats exactly how its set up, im thinking we didnt tightent something up well, or maybe a screw under there isnt locked correctly..... you just made me feel better! thanks man.....me and fahd will take a look at it tonite
Good luck, and let me know how it turns out:)

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
WRXout said:
will do, out of subject, do you know where i can find cool grills for 04 wrxs? mine broke :(
Not sure, I'm a bugeye man myself:D

(write note to self....don't remove grill with crowbar:tongue: )

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
trainrex said:
Not sure, I'm a bugeye man myself:D

(write note to self....don't remove grill with crowbar:tongue: )

LOL :p, it got cracked with stock bumper beam in the back hehe, im looking for replicas i like the liberal, i was thinking bout buying it and cutting it to fit hehe

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
If you're having leakage problems, check to make sure the supply and return lines are on in the right places. My supply line was on the return line for a while, and although there was no overheat issues, it WOULD NOT circulate the extra fluid. Just a thought...

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Timdog1650 said:
If you're having leakage problems, check to make sure the supply and return lines are on in the right places. My supply line was on the return line for a while, and although there was no overheat issues, it WOULD NOT circulate the extra fluid. Just a thought...
Think you could give me a pic?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Talked to perrin tech they suggested silicone sealent, so where gonna use it on the tube that connect down to the bottom and top and on the metal couplers.......sounds good to yall?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it stopped leaking :confused: , fahd and i are thinking the silcone cooked itself on the metal and now its all good. and ic an see coolant in the resevoir thinger majiger :tongue: .........w00t the car ran good its 100 degrees outside and i hit full boost at like 3400rpms with no lag, this fmic is freakin sick i touche the piping it was cold as heck

·
Registered
530 Posts
I swear that coolant resevoir is a oil catch can. When I put mine in, I compared it to a friend's oil catch can and they were identical. I had problems with it leaking and I ended up reusing my stock resevoir with zip ties to hold it in place.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts