Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i recently installed a turboxs rfl blow off valve on the stock top mount.

i was watching my boost today at full throttle and it would peak at just under 1 bar but at about 5.5k rpm its would start dropping off and when hitting redline be down to almost .5 bar.

i have one washer in the rfl, am leaking boost, or is this normal?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh, so a ebc will be more beneficial than i thought. i had planned on getting one then saw after i bought the suby that its already running just under 14 lbs, and i've been reading 15.5 is the best amount to run with a boost controller. i was wondering if it was worth the money to only raise boost a pound or two. i guess it will be doing much more than that though. an ebc would hold it at 15.5 once spooled until i shift correct, no dropping off?

·
1,911 Posts
Incorrect. The drop off is due to two things, one the cats and restriction in the exhaust, and two the turbo is downright tiny. Yes it spools super fast but no power up top. Usually we see about 6-7 PSI at redline on a stock car. I do not recommend increasing boost until you install an uppipe just to be on the safe side. With no cats and exhaust you can get around 10-11 PSI off the stock turbo at redline.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
uppipe

i do have a vishnu uppipe. i'll be purchasing a turbo back or downpipe with catback sometime this summer.

any recommendations on a downpipe? should i stick with vishnu? the uppipe was on it when i bought the car two weeks ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts