ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just did a turbo swap to a td04 with 80 miles on it. While doing so, I went to an unequal length header+uppipe combo from gt-spec. I do have it cobb tuned, and it is supposed to be boosting 15psi. However, at the most Im getting 6 as of right now. Any suggestions on where to check first or what may be the problem? My car has 110k, I was thinking the bov...

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Did you put the original vacuum lines back on the turbo? There is a restrictor pill in the compressor line.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
I'm willing to bet you're missing the restrictor pill..

By "Cobb tuned" do you mean you had Cobb tune the car, or you just flashed an off the shelf Cobb map? If you just flashed a map, Cobb does not make OTS maps for cars with aftermarket headers, and running a map that is not designed for your car is an obvious no no. I'm pretty sure Cobb states this in their map notes. Headers change the VE of the engine.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did use the original lines with everything. And oops! must have missed that note.. I did download accessport race, so Ill be able to build my own maps. And it is flashed by a standard map.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts