ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
no lauch is good for your car. but it just takes good practice to do it good.

best results come from a Cobb AP, where you can have the Launch control function. makes your car a rocket off the line

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
Rev to 7,200RPM, Drop the Clutch and wait for something to break

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i get the point :eek: dont launch the car but i left a wanna be fast civic at the light from about 3 K no clutch burning nothin bad happened if thats terrible for my car let me know....my dumbass friend that visited home from the army launched his sti from 6k an the cabin filled up wit burnt clutch smoke completly ****ed....think the war cooked his brain:screwy: i know better than that

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
ok i get the point :eek: dont launch the car but i left a wanna be fast civic at the light from about 3 K no clutch burning nothin bad happened if thats terrible for my car let me know....my dumbass friend that visited home from the army launched his sti from 6k an the cabin filled up wit burnt clutch smoke completly ****ed....think the war cooked his brain:screwy: i know better than that
Launching will always put stress on the transmissions's components. Will it necessarily break right away? No, but just keep it mind. Launching at lower RPM's is less stressful. It's up to you, and your budget, it can always be fixed if your ok with it then do what you want.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
i do a nice 3,500 rpm clutch slip granny launch that i think seems to me, pretty easy on the Tranny,

actually since 3rd gear breaks most often we should really slip the clutch into 2nd and 3rd to be safe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Launching will always put stress on the transmissions's components. Will it necessarily break right away? No, but just keep it mind. Launching at lower RPM's is less stressful. It's up to you, and your budget, it can always be fixed if your ok with it then do what you want.
thanks for the advice/i got a lot of things to learn

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
haha, your friend sounds just like mine. My friend's clutch is toast.

the drop from 3k isn't bad IMO, and as long as you're not cookin clutch then I think you're good.

Best thing to do though, get a PPG straight cut dogbox...or just the gears. then launch away the competition. :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts