Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Launch Techniques

Do not post tips here. Only post helpful URL's or problems with curent listing.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9918

Just so we don't have to have this posted every week :)

Those cover the two main ones:
-Slipping the clutch while holding an rpm
-Building boost from a low rpm and dropping/slipping from a higher rpm

·
Registered
648 Posts
paul nieto said:
The problem is you guys are not really explaining it all. Your not mentioning rpm and that has alot to do with it, How high you hold it. There is a difference between a 3000 rpm luanch and a 5000 rpm luanch ,that is the determining factor in a drop luanch with some spin versus a slipping clutch luanch. :wiggles:

This thread is just for links to launch threads. If you can find the old ones I've lost, you'll see more detail...just have to look for it. For example, you'll find my mentions of 6000 RPM or rev limiter, depending on track.

RN

·
Registered
234 Posts
If i put my car in first, hold in the clutch and start reving up the car to try and get high RPMs, the car starts burning the clutch like no other. Plus the car starts to move lol. What am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
178 Posts
if your foot isnt all the way at the floor then it sounds like you got air in your clutch system. try bleeding it out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
06 sti clutch slip

Hey
I just purchased a used 06 sti with 45000 miles on it. First of all I dont know jack on proper shifting and launching, the other day I rev it to 3500 rpm and dropped the clutch and the clutch started slipping and boy did it stink!!! What did I do wrong or does the car need an aftermarket cltch?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey
I just purchased a used 06 sti with 45000 miles on it. First of all I dont know jack on proper shifting and launching, the other day I rev it to 3500 rpm and dropped the clutch and the clutch started slipping and boy did it stink!!! What did I do wrong or does the car need an aftermarket cltch?
either you didn't drop the clutch fast enough or your clutch is worn out /glazed and not grabbing . did your tires spin ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
06 clutch slip

the tires did not slip, but boy the clutch did. BTW I had the dccs in auto mode. Is that maybe why? I think I also did not drop the clutch fast enough!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts