ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it bad to drive around with the launch control map daily? or is it just for a one day track thing?:confused:

·
Registered
0 Posts
i would say to only use launch control when your at the track unless you wanna put in a new motor and tranny every few weeks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so even easy driving/daily driving is still bad for your car while running LC?

·
Registered
0 Posts
so even easy driving/daily driving is still bad for your car while running LC?
if u read the map notes it say for track use only and also use at your own risk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i guess your right. ill just set it on occasions

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
.....to have it on or to use it? I always have my LC/FFS enabled, but I don't use it everyday. It doesn't hurt anything to just have it enabled, it's using it that'll getcha.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright thats what i wanted to know. How bad is it to use the two step on it? i dotn use the shifting thing at all.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well I'm assuming it works the same way as my UTEC, but I have no idea, so someone else chime in.

On mine, I have LC and FFS enabled. It activates when I have my clutch in by giving me a rev limiter. When I'm stopped I have a set rpm for my LC to limit itself to when my clutch is engaged. When I'm moving I have another rev limiter that activates when my clutch is in so I can shift without having to let off the throttle. Both of these are always active, but I do not use them in every day driving obviously. It doesn't hurt anything to have them enabled, it hurts things when you use them. That's how mine works anyway.

So in short, for me, as long as I'm not holding in my clutch and giving it full throttle, my LC/FFS isn't hurting anything.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright sweet thats what i was wanting to know. What do you think is sortof the limit for using the LC for launching or just reving it up in general to show off haha?

·
Registered
185 Posts
alright sweet thats what i was wanting to know. What do you think is sortof the limit for using the LC for launching or just reving it up in general to show off haha?
It's your clutch/tranny mang. Depends on how long you want it to last for. I mean you can rev it up all you want to show off, but launching tends to break things (in some cases).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright sweet. im probably only going to launch it mostly at the track but thats good info, thank you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts