ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Latest Dyno results(XS450/EJ207)... 360/302

So I went to the Dyno on friday and here's what I got on my xs450/avo400... 360whp, 302 ft-lbs @ 23psi on 93 octane

I had a few problems holding me back from making more power.
1) I had a huge leak at the flange to my external wastegate from my uppipe (probably due to blowing out the gasket on my way to the dyno :sadwave: ) This is without a doubt why my turbo is spooling so slowly right now (~700 rpms later than what I was getting before) After doing some reading apparently the gaskets that are supplied with the Tial wastegate are garbage (so i noticed). Tial themselves says to use the gaskets from the turbonetics unit, so i ordered those already.

2) I need colder plugs. Junior was pretty adamant about the fact that with 1 step colder plugs I could run more timing and pick up some big power up top aside from the power I would get from fixing the leak I have. The ej207 loves a lot of timing and I can't run it with the plugs I have. I ordered a set of NGK Iridiums in the 8 heat range. Should have those in soon.

Over all, I'm pretty happy as far as how things have progressed thus far. Having over 300whp at 8k rpms is rediculously fun. I can't wait to get my issues worked out and my ra gearset in!! :wiggles:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,825 Posts
WOW..congratulations!!! looks good.....you and 13secwrx keep going bigger and bigger...but it looks like he might sell his :sadwave:

so how big of a difference will the fixed leak make as far as hp goes??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AwdTurboWrx said:
WOW..congratulations!!! looks good.....you and 13secwrx keep going bigger and bigger...but it looks like he might sell his :sadwave:

so how big of a difference will the fixed leak make as far as hp goes??
Yea, it's sad to see Will selling his baby!!

As far as power form the leak, it's reall hard to tell. It's very audible. I had walked in there aiming for 375whp and afterwards Junior was more than confident that I would easily get that when all was fixed up. We will see...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,825 Posts
wow 375whp ..nice!!! ..and better spool up once leak is fixed nice...are you planning on upgrading tranny?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AwdTurboWrx said:
wow 375whp ..nice!!! ..and better spool up once leak is fixed nice...are you planning on upgrading tranny?
Last sentence in my first post.... :tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,825 Posts
ooops :baaa: sorry...loooks good than :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
congrats on the dyno :thumbup: . too bad will is selling his car :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,174 Posts
Were you getting detonation or any kind of misfiring up top with this tune? Seems like you should have been running more boost than just 23lbs on that turbo. Bummer about the plugs though, it must drive you crazy to be ALMOST there when once again a few little things hold you back.
The 8k powerband is awesome though, isn't it?! I could spend all day and night above 6krpm and never feel a drop off....it's amazing!

PS your AFR's look super safe! How are your injectors doing, any idea what kind of duty cycle they're at?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ebr0t said:
nice #s are the RA's really going to hold that power though. esecpcially since youll be making even more then this soon.
I've gotten my stock gears to hold at 341whp for quite a while, so I'm pretty sure I can manage to get the ra's to hold. People usually say the ra's are good for about 350whp so I'm not too far past that.

Timdog1650 said:
Were you getting detonation or any kind of misfiring up top with this tune? Seems like you should have been running more boost than just 23lbs on that turbo. Bummer about the plugs though, it must drive you crazy to be ALMOST there when once again a few little things hold you back.
I was getting some knock up high in the powerband, which is most likely a result of my plugs. That's on eof the reason I need colder plugs. I wanted to advance timing at least another degree before I started adding more boost. Once I get the issues sorted. I'll throw more at her.
It does suck being almost there, but even in this state the car absolutely rips! I get great pull from 5k to 8k (I need about 500 more rpms down low to really be happy), and the external wastegate holds boost very solid and boy does it sound mean!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,174 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Timdog1650 said:
You think this new gasket will give you 500rpm more to play with? I figure it should be good for a bit more boost down low....*ordered new plugs just now* :)
Fixing a leak like that can definitely give me back 500 rpms and some more torque down there. Like I said, we'll see!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
How does the XS turbo close off the wastegate? Is it welded shut? Do you have any pictures of your wastegate setup, I see your running the ultimate uppipe, is there any fitment issues or fab work you had to do to get this to work with the turbo mounted in the stock location?

Also having the ej207 in are there any complaints? When are you seeing full boost?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,174 Posts
CUBUFF said:
How does the XS turbo close off the wastegate? Is it welded shut? Do you have any pictures of your wastegate setup, I see your running the ultimate uppipe, is there any fitment issues or fab work you had to do to get this to work with the turbo mounted in the stock location?

Also having the ej207 in are there any complaints? When are you seeing full boost?

You can put a couple of well placed welds on the wastegate flapper and it closes off the wastegate on the turbo so you can use the external. The fitment of the UR pipe is like stock, so as long as it clears you downpipe (doesn't clear most bellmouths) then you're fine. As far as the EJ207, they come stock with forged crank, pistons, rods and the heads are larger port with better/more aggressive cams.

~Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Timdog1650 said:
You can put a couple of well placed welds on the wastegate flapper and it closes off the wastegate on the turbo so you can use the external. The fitment of the UR pipe is like stock, so as long as it clears you downpipe (doesn't clear most bellmouths) then you're fine. As far as the EJ207, they come stock with forged crank, pistons, rods and the heads are larger port with better/more aggressive cams.

~Tim
You can just answer for me from now on! :thumbup:
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top