ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm just about ready to install my hks dp + bosal catback exhaust but have a couple last minute questions. I read up on the turboback possibly giving me boost spikes? is it much to worry about or should i just install it and forget about it. Currently i don't have a boost guage so i wont be able to monitor boost levels.

Next question is i bought both parts used so i don't have any gaskets. Is it possible to reuse all the stock gaskets? Also i've read up on the installation process and for the sensor do i just unplug it from the stock downpipe and plug it into the new one?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I havent seen much about Boost speaks being cause by a downpipe and catback,

Maybe others may say different,Just going by what I know.

You CAN use old gaskets...
But I wouldnt if you havent done this before and are not used to torqueing things up well and even.,
I wouldnt risk a few more bucks (Around $13) to take a chance on it leaking and having to do it over.

And on the CEL?, I beleive you mean the sensor in the old (O.E.M) downpipe? ,
If so, Yes, if the threads match on the new D/P you can screw it back in. (Use some Anti-Sieze so its easier to get out next time, Dont get any one the sensor part..The non threaded portion).

Also if you have a few bucks ($8 at Autozone) get an E.G.T Socket,
It has a split down the middle and makes removel of the sensor a HELL of alot easier;)

Shotgun

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help :cool:

anyone else know if it should be ok to go ahead and install the combo without a boost guage?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
47 views and no replies.........

I think thats a yes;)

Seriously,

I put in my Perrin D/P and ScoobySport muffler the day I brought the car home and my boost gauge stayed at the same level after the swap (1bar/14.50psi)

Id go with it.

Shotgun

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
i did actually get spikes with hks downpipe ...i had my mbc set at 16psi in 3rd gear and didnt touch mbc but after install it went up to like 18...i turned mbc down and it was good after that

·
Registered
324 Posts
I actually had boost problems after adding a pde downpipe to a gt spec catback. The boost increased from about 14.5 to a little over 17. Since replacing the catback back to stock the problems went away. I've heard it's rather normal to happen, but not that good.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
jungdragon said:
I actually had boost problems after adding a pde downpipe to a gt spec catback. The boost increased from about 14.5 to a little over 17. Since replacing the catback back to stock the problems went away. I've heard it's rather normal to happen, but not that good.
Maybe I need to research this....

Seems to me the car could breath better and the E.C.U would still have ultimate control over boost.

Shot my theory all to hell..............LOL!!

Shotgun:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts