Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
haha... you can guess which one i was in. i dont like to talk about it, but yes, at this point i am driving a Sebring. cant wait to get the WRX in december.
anyways, i was in Trenton, getting ready to head up to Boston. For those of you who know the area, i was on 29 right before it turns into 195. i pull up to the light in front of waterfront park and a white Diablo pulls up next to me. i'm admiring it a whole lot, and when the light turns green i want for him to pull out so i can watch it in action.
there was about a quarter mile of straightaway and he really opened it up until he got to 80 or 90mph. i had my foot to the floor, and was laughing to myself about how quickly he put 20 or so carlengths on me. it sounded so mean... yum.
after the straightaway there is a long wide turn and i had to take it at 70 just to keep him in my sights. when we got to straight open highway again i kept up at 90 and finally caught up to him as he was slowing down to take one of the first exits off the road.
it was obvious that i was pushing my car to keep up with him, and when i looked over i'm sure he saw the huge grin on my face, and he smiled back. it was a good feeling knowing that he had such an awesome machine but was still cool to me with the car i was in.
it was a lot of fun, and good lord did it make me want my WRX right now!
o-|-<) bryan

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i know the WRX wouldnt hold up against the Diablo, but the whole 'spirited driving' thing just made me want it even more. now that i think about it, pretty much everything that happens seems to make me want it already, even totally unrelated stuff haha.
o-|-<) bryan

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wrinkleboi said:
yeah, i know the WRX wouldnt hold up against the Diablo, but the whole 'spirited driving' thing just made me want it even more. now that i think about it, pretty much everything that happens seems to make me want it already, even totally unrelated stuff haha.
o-|-<) bryan
It's hard getting the locals here with awesome rides to punch it like what you've experienced. One day... one day!:)

-Albert

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
You know if you didn't have the extra weight of the convertible, you'd have kept up. :p

:D :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
WRXed said:
You know if you didn't have the extra weight of the convertible, you'd have kept up. :p

:D :D
Yea, with the pebbles that were kicked back from the Diablo's tires :) Or maybe you meant the crushed bug on the pavement? He could have kept up with that... or the guy with the walker on the sidewalk (cf. Office Space) :D

·
Registered
779 Posts
That must've been so cool. I've seen two diablos up close and personal at a Pontiac Dealership in Golden. They were both garaged in this area prior to the parts department. There was one yellow and one red. I would've loved to see them in action.:eek:

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
My question is why there were 2 Diablos at a Pontiac dealership
:confused:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Beats me! My hubby and I were in there to pick up some parts for his Transam. My guess is that that dealer owns(like 20 other dealerships in this area)so he was probably dealing them for the wealthy. It's not exactly like they have a Lamborghini dealership. I know for a fact that one of the Stevinson dealerships out here was dealing lambs for a while. That guy has chevy, toyota, and miscellaneous other dealerships. I don't see where the lambs fit in with that but I was just happy to be so close to one. For a brief second I wondered if they would trade the lamb for my P.O.S. Galant but my inner feeling was that even if I traded my heap, they would most likely not even let me breathe on it.:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts