ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took a trip to Baja to see the whales (they migrate to Mexico from Alaska during the winter). After seeing the whales in Scammon's Lagoon near Guerrero Negro (about halfway down the peninsula), we continued on to Santa Rosalia on Baja's eastern Sea of Cortez coast. The descent to the coast in the last few miles goes through a region called La Cuesta del Infierno, and it is quite a ride. Here you go...La Cuesta del Infierno, with accompaniment by Ray Charles...

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
uhh....looks like a cool possibly fun road but it was so boring I had to skip to the end in hopes there was maybe some fun to be had in this video. Unfortunately it never came.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
What's with the ******* attitude on this forum lately? Sometimes a nice calm video of a nice looking road is a very welcome change.

And that's a nice looking road for sure. Those truckers would scare the crap out of me though.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Very nice video.Enjoyed it.The terrain is very different to what I am used to which is mainly trees & buildings.Nice twisties & elevation changes.

Almost feel like taking a vacation & going somewhere like that.

And yes,those trucks on the bends are scary.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Dude, sorry you feel that way. You were talking about my video, right, and not your sex life?
No need to get hostile. If you didn't want opinions on your vid then you shouldn't have posted it. I apologize for hurting your feelings but the vid was boring as hell. You can't deny that.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
What's with the ******* attitude on this forum lately? Sometimes a nice calm video of a nice looking road is a very welcome change.
Wouldn't really call it a ****ty attitude. Some people here like to kiss ass to other people for reasons unknown. I on the other hand speak truthfully. I did state the road looked like a fun road. A 5 min of someone going 35 mph isn't what I'd call an entertaining video. Only watched it because it could have had potential which it didn't.

·
Æternum
20,597 Posts
Yeah, maybe you're being honest, 2.0RS, but you're always so damned negative. Can't you consider being positive once and a while?? Consider picking up a pair of rose-colored glasses.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Portions of that vid made me think of the moments in the Top Gear specials (vietnam, etc) where they pause the lunacy and high speeds and just enjoy the sights of a beautiful road. Driving isn't always about going as fast as possible, the places you find yourself have their own importance which can be just as much as the adrenaline of a perfectly burned back road.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i loved the video, and the road looks epic. as for 2.0... Honesty is a good thing, without a doubt. As a matter of fact, I've spent most of my life being-sometimes brutally so- honest to people. However- There's a time for honesty of opinion, and there's a time to remember what your parents and/or legal guardian(s) used to tell you; If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. This is one of the times to remember your upbringing. If you want to talk down on videos, please go to Youtube. We all welcome you, and everyone else, here; But there's no reason to project your negativity on other people. You could have gotten your intended message across with much more friendly wordage.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great video! Loved the scenery and the curves. Those trucks drive pretty crazy. They'll bite into your lane like they own the road.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Wouldn't really call it a ****ty attitude. Some people here like to kiss ass to other people for reasons unknown. I on the other hand speak truthfully. I did state the road looked like a fun road. A 5 min of someone going 35 mph isn't what I'd call an entertaining video. Only watched it because it could have had potential which it didn't.
I understand, but truthfulness can be used tactfully. There were better ways of saying what you did without coming across as a ****.

Nothing wrong with being honest, but you CAN be nice about it.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
So you wanted him to do 100 mph & crash & die for your entertainment?Is that what you would call "potential"?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
The nursery is getting feisty, these days.

Some folks look forward to giving negative feedback to people; I've never really understood it. They'll disclaim by saying "I'm just being honest!", or "if you put it out there, then I get to say whatever I want!", and claim license to be hurtful. Let's just say that it's not how I'm raising my kids. At the end of the day, it simply reveals a lot about the insulter himself.

From a forum rule point of view, let's steer away from a battle of personal insults, or the infractions will fly. Kthnxbye.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, who'd a thought?

Anyway, the place is the road just north of Santa Rosalia about 600 miles south of the border in Mexico. One of the things I like about the WRX is it's go-anywhere attitude, and that makes it a perfect car for exploring Baja. The whole of Baja is like a tilted board, with the Pacific side at sea level, and the Sea of Cortez side at about 2000 or 2500 feet above sea level. To get down to the shore on the Sea of Cortez side, you have to descend through some pretty steep drops.

If you're looking for videos showing burnouts, drifts, high speed runs, etc., I'm not your guy. It just ain't my speed or my style, especially after what I went through a couple of years ago in a motorcycle accident...

IGotScrewed.jpg

...and especially if there are other people in the car (which there were when we did this video). 2.0, you didn't hurt my feelings, and no apology is necessary. I realize some folks' worlds revolve around parking lot burnouts, drifting, etc. I ain't one of them.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I like turtles.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you're looking for videos showing burnouts, drifts, high speed runs, etc., I'm not your guy. It just ain't my speed or my style, especially after what I went through a couple of years ago in a motorcycle accident...

View attachment 102370
Wowzers! That looks painful. I can't imagine the physical therapy for it.

Just curious but what is the light object between the 1st and 2nd screw from the top? Kinda looks like a broken piece of metal or glass.

·
Registered
167 Posts
... Driving isn't always about going as fast as possible, the places you find yourself have their own importance which can be just as much as the adrenaline of a perfectly burned back road.
Couldn't agree more. And I like the video!! Very nice scenery and road!! I remember a year ago I was driving from Washington DC up to Buffalo, NY, and there was a road 219. Portions of it were twisty with about 40 mph speed limits, but it was just AMAZING. Enjoying the scenery and the twisty road, that afternoon was one of my best driving experiences I've ever had.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts