ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car 02 WRX Sedan.
As title states, i have green Tein shocks, (don't know which ones exactly, they came with car)+ KYB GR2 shocks. I like how car looks, but handing sucks and i feel every single imperfection on road.
Had 03 WRX Wagon before with tokico shocks and stock springs- it was a blast to drive, smooth and handling was perfectly balanced.

I have option to swap Tein springs for 02 WRX Wagon springs with KYB GR2. Or have to find some other options to make my car feel like a car.

Car drop is around 2 inch front and 05-1 inch on the back.
Thanks for all responds.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
You're probably running the S-Techs Tein springs which are horrible. The GR-2s are factory replacements...they're not meant to be lowered on.

When I bought my car, the guy did the same thing, running S-Tech springs and I couldn't take it anymore. If you want a reasonable comfortable ride, then you need to add an inch back into your ride height. It will still look nice and your handling will improve and ride quality will improve.

Question, how much are you trying to spend?

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well don't want to spend much, as i told i have an option to install stock 03 WRX Wagon springs in to my WRX, just don't know if they going to work.
Anytime i deep pothole whole car shakes, feels like spring compreses fully, and at highway speed you feel unstabillity, just no control as it should be.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Well don't want to spend much, as i told i have an option to install stock 03 WRX Wagon springs in to my WRX, just don't know if they going to work.
Anytime i deep pothole whole car shakes, feels like spring compreses fully, and at highway speed you feel unstabillity, just no control as it should be.
Honestly, if you want to stay with the GR-2s then don't go any lower than 1 inch drop.

If you want some recommendations as far as quality springs, Private message me.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I run Gr-2s with Swift springs, and the ride quality/handling is phenomenal. If you don't have too many miles the on those struts I'd spend the $300 and swap the springs for those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts