ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I see some posts on here that people are using AGX's on their wagons, but OTHER posts claim that the front shocks are 1" longer because they're made for sedans. so...what choices do wagon owners have? I don't want to lower/raise my car...i like it where it is, if the AGX's really raise the front, are the Koni inserts my only choice???

I just downloaded the KYB software and they don't even have anything LISTED for the wagons.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen that too, but it was unclear if they were talking about 01 WRX's (which I think are the same everytwhere else in the world) or an 01 USDM Impreza. Also - the instructions I saw for the pre 02 imprezas say that you have to cable-tie the brake line to the strut...will this be true for me too if I end up using it? I have SS lines and if I cable tie them to the strut it will hurt something.

anyone have actual part numbers?

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
23,028 Posts
What about using the sti struts from subaru? they have an optional suspension system listed for the wagons.

·
Registered
405 Posts
We just had a customer with your same dilemma and the solution that we came up with after much research was:

-use GC8 KYB AGXs for the front
-use GDA KYB AGXs for the rear
-match them w/ Eibach Pro-kit (wagon specific) Springs (1" drop all around).

Using the GC8 struts in the front made sense since the front track of the GDA wagon is the same as the GC8's.

-Soren

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i don't want a drop of any kind. this is going to be a rally-x setup.

using CG8-s all around gives you camber problems in the rear (CG8 rears are are too short)

using WRX's all around gives you camber problems in the front (WRX fronts are too long)

I read that in the CG8 install there are no brake line clips. is this true? it says to use cable ties to fasten the brake lines...will I have to do this? I have SS lines, so that would be a problem

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Wade-0 said:
You should email Jamie (SubieGal) and see what she's running on her rally wagon.
Jamie is using DMS 50's rally length- probably overkill for a rallyx setup.

The AGX's aren't wagon specific- it's not the length of the struts GD vs GG it's the "ears" on the struts where they connect to the knuckle that are different. Using GC struts up front should be fine- they would have the same "ears". Your correct in the rear they're too short- thus lot's of neg camber (where you don't want it). Using the GD ones in the rear would "work" as the positive effect of camber could actually be beneficial.

I think the best setup would the GGB setup, sold as SPT in the US. Spring rates are reasonable (firm, but not overly firm) and little to no drop. The struts are inverted and boast beeefy 40mm pistons- kind of nice when playing in the gravel.
Throw in some Group N tops and you'll have very well rounded setup capable of rallyx/autox/track days and even hauling grcoeries.

Big Sky

1 - 13 of 13 Posts