Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I got a new intake yo! j/k

So basically, I'm looking to do a motor build.

The plan is the following:

CP Pistons 9:1 Compression (8:1 is factory)
Eagle Rods
Brian Crower 272 Cams
ARP Head Studs
Cometic Head Gasket
Brian Crower Springs & Retainers
Ported & Polished Heads
Manley Rod Bearings

I have the cams and heads already. The block & crankshaft is in the mail.

The heads are actually ported & polished and have the springs with retainers as well.

The head needs to be resurfaced and the crankshaft needs to be checked out as well. After that, me and Jeffie (Satchmoe aka RedCavy99RS) will assemble the motor and then we'll swap it in the car.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
What dude??? How come you didn't mention this to me before!

Congrats on the decision bro, I can't wait to see it!

Hit me up man. We need to catch up.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Why 9:1? There will be increased cylinder wall flex from the additional pressures, and you won't be able to run as much boost... there's also an increased risk for detonation.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Why 9:1? There will be increased cylinder wall flex from the additional pressures, and you won't be able to run as much boost... there's also an increased risk for detonation.

Yeah, I remember not that long ago there was a guy on nasioc that went 9:1 because he was running e85 exclusively and the consensus had been that on less det prone fuel higher CR would be a good thing. After the new build he ended up making somewhere around 100whp LESS than he did before at stock CR.. in the end he ended up tearing the engine apart and put some regular CR pistons in and the power shot back up.

Side note.. you can get Manley H-Beams for just a little more $$ than Eagles and they end up being cheaper in the end because they don't have to be cleaned up near as much.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not looking to run a ton of pressure, thats the main thing. Also wanted to increase low end power especially on the 2 Liter.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered the pistons today

Like stated, they will be CP Pistons, standard bore and 9.0:1 Compression with the skirts coated as well.

Next week I should be bringing the crank and heads to the machine shop.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So we got the block in today

The crank that I was getting was trashed, so I bought a new crankshaft for about $300 and some change (OEM). Should have it in a couple of days. Also with that order is a Grimmspeed lightweight crank pulley. I currently have an underdriven one.

Pistons on special order and should be here in about 2 weeks.

I may be upgrading to a 20G turbocharger...and with that larger injectors too.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
mmm this is getting exciting! lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.