ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone verify that the chargespeed kouki style hoodscoop for the 02/03 wrx also is a direct fit for an 06/07 wrx... I have heard it is but would like some other opinions before I spend the money...

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Don't know for sure but I know the stock scoops are not interchangeable so I would doubt it

·
Æternum
20,436 Posts
Yeah, I doubt it. The hood scoop design was changed in 2004.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do u mean by not interchangeable? They don't come off the hood? There was a guy on NASIOC that posted pictures of his car with it on and he said it fit like a glove?...

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
The size of the opening and the shape of the scoop changed between 03-04. A scoop that's designed for an 03 won't fit a later car. If somebody had a picture of a scoop on an '04+, then it's not a scoop that'll fit an earlier model.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm ok... Anyone know of a bigger more aggressive scoop that will fit my 07 then?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
wrex5 said:
Hmm ok... Anyone know of a bigger more aggressive scoop that will fit my 07 then?
WRX/STI had the same size scoop on the '06/'07 MYs. Keep the one you have...

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,105 Posts
There was a guy on NASIOC that posted pictures of his car with it on and he said it fit like a glove?...
PM him and please post back his response for future searches. The short answer consensus here is "no" but if that is incorrect, we'd appreciate knowing.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
There are some aftermarket ones available on ebay that are larger and are designed to fit your year. They're ebay crap IMHO that won't look or fit great but that's up to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts