ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, new to the club. i have an 05 sti and need to know if the konig hotswap(18's) will fit over the brembo calipers? what kind of offset will i need. anyone have pics with the hotswaps on an sti. the only threads i found were on the wrx, not sti. any help would be great! thanks

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
welcome.. pics? I like to see the car I couldn't afford. It's character building.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the STI!

You would definitely need at least a 45mm offset to clear the Brembo's I believe (48mm offset is safe)...

·
Registered
58 Posts
i am not sure these will clear, the max offset is 45mm and stock is like 52 from what i have read. i also love these rims but i am very weary if they will fit or not...

try it and let us know! lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hotswaps

some guy on ebay who is selling them is telling me the set he has with a 40 offset is fine and will clear. i think he's crazy. i dont want to buy them and when i try to mount them they dont fit. cuz if thats the case usually once you mount the rim you buy it regardless. dont know what to do.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
dont know what to do.
Welcome! It seems pretty simple to me. The wheels probably won't fit so don't buy them. What kind of car does he have them on now?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hotswaps

they're not on a car, he's a big seller on ebay for the hotswaps. what he's saying is the lower (less) the offset the more clearance you'll have. i thought it was the other way around.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Its not the offset that make a rim "Brembo worthy". The inner diameter is what matters and is never listed. If it were me, i wouldnt buy rims for my STi from a non STi owner unless the rims are known to fit. I think there is a site or forum that lists compatible wheels. Good luck.

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Welcome to the club!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts