·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does Koni even make struts for the WRX? I cant seem to find them anywhere

·
Registered
635 Posts
they must, i have a set on my car.:D check out shox.com i got mine from them for 650$ shipped with camber bolts. real nice customer service too.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
then why arent they listed on any websites ???

how do they ride?

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
TireRack has them as well.

Do a search under my usename in this forum, key-word "Koni" for all sorts of info. There might be info in the S&H Tech Ref thread stickied at the top of this forum as well.

C

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just wanna get some personal feedback from someone who has them, my friend has them on a C70 and he says its a night and day improvement but he also put on eibach springs at the same time but thats a whole different car over a WRX. Ive heard some pretty good things about the KYB AGX also but i presonally just assoicate Koni as higher quality than pretty much anyone else

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes Koni are excellent piece but KYB is also very good (seeing how KYB makes the STi struts). Springs & Struts combo would probably set you back about 800 - 1000 dollars, coilover you would have to spend at least $1500 but extra the $$$ can be well justified for an excellent, fully adjustable coilovers.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i wont even be doing springs, half the reason i bought the WRX over a GSX Eclipse was because it had a little higher ground clearance which is nice in the winter, and FACS's are just a pain in the butt and unless you have a corner balancing scale system to ensure eveything is fully accurate at all sides you really can never get them 100% visually

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have Konis with Eibachs. It is a night and day difference:)

I got mine at Tirerack. Just went through the link in the forums. It helps out the site that way too.;)

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
JeremyL said:
i just wanna get some personal feedback from someone who has them,
GV27 said:
Do a search under my usename in this forum, key-word "Koni" for all sorts of info. There might be info in the S&H Tech Ref thread stickied at the top of this forum as well.

C
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/searc...d=365858&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showt...2&highlight=Koni+Strut+Insert+Info#post215022

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24695&highlight=koni

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
WRXSleeper said:
damn konis are $650 for wrx, they are $550-600 for hondas.

even more reason to consider full coilovers.
Because of 50 bucks?!? :confused:

At the Tirerack they're $154 each for the fronts and $142 for the rears for a 2002 Civic. They're $154 all around for the WRX. $24 dollar difference.

Do a search on my username, keyword "coilover" for my opinions.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah. Sorry if I didn't articulate the point I was trying to get across well enough.

This in no way is to flame on someone who wants to pay the lowest possible price. I could have shopped around endlessly to save a few bucks, but I don't think it's always worth it.

I purchased my Konis from Tire RAck straight through the sponsorship link at the top of the forum. Got my wheels and tires there too. Most of the time, TireRack's prices are hard to beat, and the service is for the most part good too.

I am happy to pay competitive pricing at Tire Rack to support them since they support this board. That is the most important thing to me. So, maybe if I shopped around enough, I could've saved money buying my Koni's somewhere else. But considering all the useful, time saving advice that I get here at ClubWRX, I think that spending money with one of the sponsors is well worth it.

Just my .02. I will get off my little soapbox now...and sorry to get a bit off topic.

·
Registered
241 Posts
GV27 said:
Because of 50 bucks?!? :confused:

At the Tirerack they're $154 each for the fronts and $142 for the rears for a 2002 Civic. They're $154 all around for the WRX. $24 dollar difference.

Do a search on my username, keyword "coilover" for my opinions.
yeah i have been doing some searching here find many of you guys aren't into coilovers. i find that surprising since coming from the honda scene, tein SS are becoming the thing to get and for $850 would be a great setup. also my friend has H&R coilovers on his audi it they ride great, much better than my eibach and tockico setup. but from what i am finding out now pricing between honda v. subaru makes it less of an affordable solution, so i probably would stick with another set of pro-kits for the wrx and either koni or kyb struts.

·
Registered
635 Posts
man, I';m a KONI *****!!! i love them to death. GO FOR it, like hyou said, without a full balance, you wn't get the full benefit out of your coilovers, just get struts/springs, be happy

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i wish there was a way to sample all the different suspension combos out here lol

i probably will go with the Koni yellows for 2 reasons. My buddy with the Volvo loved them and i was driving behind him the other day looking at houses and being able to see the yellow strut housings is a really cool cosmetic (yet functional) upgrade

and ill definitely be upgrading my end links as well

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
The WRX Konis are inserts that use the stock strut housings. You only end up seeing a little yellow and it's not really visible unless you get down and look up into the wheel wells. Sorry.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well wtf then forget em lol

the STi struts are all red right?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts