ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a place that did my clutch and flywheel but the guy that worked on Subaru’s doesn’t work there anymore. Does anyone have any shops you would recommend in the Knoxville/Oak Ridge area that could swap out my gears?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe if I have to go to the dealers. I didn't really want to go to the dealers to get it done. I plan on getting gears from rallispec.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey, you might want to try and get ahold of Mark Remick. He is opening a Subaru Performance shop called Fastech Motorsports. off topside road. If he cant do the physical work himself, he can get it done for you cheaper than a dealer. Give him a call 1-865-681-7708. Tell him that "Thomas" sent you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I talked to him today, and mark said that he could do the gearset if you needed it done. He wanted me to ask you if you already had the gears? But, i would still give him a call. But yeah, just tell him i sent you. I`ve been trying to help him out and send him business. Welp, hope you can get what you need done.

-Thomas

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't gotten the gears yet, but I don't think it will be to hard to get ahold of them. I have been without the car for a couple weeks now, and I am starting to miss it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know him. I am just looking for some advice on who could do this kind of work in the area, because I really don't want to take it to the dealer, or someplace that has never worked on subys before. Why wouldn't I want him to do the work??? I had someone at Kustom Coachworks(I think thats what it was called) do my clutch and flywheel I think his name was Nick but now he doesn't work there anymore so they don't do any Suby work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey Mitshulis, give me a call sometime 423-337-8192. I can vouch for marks work personally. He has fixed anything that was needed to be done on my 98RS-T. We just changed the clutch in my car 2 days ago. He is also the only person i trust that is doing my engine build. So, i dunno about you. but you might wanna give him a shot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, i can tell you first hand of the work he does. He is currently putting a set of WRX heads on my 98 RS block. I bent a exhaust valve the other day and he has spent MANY hours to make sure my car gets back on the road ASAP. Well, I hope i can meet you at his shop one day.

-Thomas

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got home with the new gears installed and so far so good. I got the work done by Mark at fastech. They also welded a new flange on my cat back to get it to mate with the downpipe properly so no more exhaust leak. Woo hoo gonna have to go back out and drive a little more now. :wiggles:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey mit, i doubt you saw me, but i was there when you came in to pick up your car. I was the guy that walked into the lobby right behind Mark. We got a whole WRX engine put together and put in my car in 1 night. We are going to 411 drag strip Sunday the 6th from Noon - 6pm. If you wanna show, we will be there. But, i rode in your car with that RA gearset and MAN! what a difference it made. Hope everything is still working awsome.

-Thomas

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I didn't even know that drag strip was out there or that there was one open out here this time of year. I would like to go but won't be able to make it today. So far the car feels great. I love the way the gears keep the car in the power band. I have taken my car to the track up in MI and ran a best of [email protected] hopefully I can do better with the new gears. As you saw I am a big guy so my friend who weighs ~120lbs took it down the track 1 time and pulled a [email protected] I saw you come out of the back I think. Next time you guys go to the track let me know I would like to go one of these days before it starts to warm up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Too late now, but for future reference...

To anyone who is reading this down the road, I really like Williams Transmission service on Clinton Highway. They do good work for cheap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts