ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been road tuning my car lately, and I got a nice map that I was happy with. Nice and rich, moderate timing and boost. Well one day it was hot outside and the UTEC pulled timing when i got on it. I went back into the map and removed a degree of timing throughout the midrange and top end. Ran again and it was fine. Did some racing on the freeway with some LS1's and whatever and the car felt great. This was about a two weeks ago.

Fast forward to tonight. I was out just cruising when I decided to step on it. Well the car pulled timing at a range that it usually never pulls timing from. I changed it over to my other map that has 3deg. of advance yanked out, and it didn't pull timing.

If my motor has low compression.. will that cause the UTEC to sense it as knock?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spectre186 said:
I thought so too. But I use half a can of torco unleaded race fuel additive to give me about 95-96oct. Even if I got bad gas I still maybe would have only gotten 94oct.. but my tune is good for 93oct. It must've been REALLY bad.

Another thing. I added injectors cleaner in the tank and that's when it started happening.. but then again right after that I filled up on a tank of gas.

We'll see what happens on the next tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts