Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a alternative to the ugly KnockLink brand knock sensor. Has anyone tried the MSD knock sensor? It's a little cheaper and a little nicer to look at, but will it work on a WRX?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I'm guessing not to many people are using the MSD. How about the Knock Link? Can you tell me where you got yours and how much? The best price I've found is $182 from Teague's Auto.

Also, does anyone have any exprience with the Venom digital engine monitors. I don't have any more places to put a A/F gauge so, I was thinking of going with the Venom unit but I haven't heard to much about them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Most people around here use the knock link. If you don't like how it looks, you can take it apart and relocate the LED's and hide the box. You could probably even do it so stealthy that only you would know it wasn't stock, or, hell, was even there at all.

Don't bother with an A/F gauge. They really won't tell you anything. Much better off buying an EGT gauge instead. The only useful A/F gauges are wideband, and they are very expensive. Somewhat useful is the psuedo-wideband greddy gauge, it goes for around 300+ and has a limited sensor life (maybe 3 or 4 years before you need to replace the sensor).

Those venom boxes seem kind of ricey, get yourself a decent set of gauges that you know to be reliable.

jb

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JB- thanks for the idea on hiding the knock link.
I already have Greddy boost and egt on the apillar but I just added a 50 shot so I was thinking about getting a A/F gauge to make sure I won't be running to lean on the nitrous. I was trying to find a Greddy 52mm A/F gauge but I didn't think they made it.
As far as the Venom A/F box looking to ricey,as long as it works I don't really care...but will it do the job?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts