Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A customer of mine wanted to race me in downtown Omaha, It was kind of funny, because their was a 2001 BMW 325 Coupe in between us, the light turned green, and I launched, bang, I was gone..... I played with him a little, letting go of the gas while in second gear, he caught up, then I floored it again, gone....... It was pretty cool.... to bad the BMW didn't want to join in, It would have been 2 birds with one stone... he he he (btw, why did they wimp out the MR2's like that? They used to have a much more powerful engine.. didn't they?)

I love my rex!

G

·
The MR-S are fun convertables but they have no power at all becuase they use the same engine as the Celica GT (not even the GTS engine) that's why they're slow going straight...

Yep yep, what's toyota thinkink? Maybe they'll start producing the MR-S with the Celica GT-S Engine soon.

I'm not sure which magazine it is (it might be sport compact cars) but there's a purple Veilside Turbo MR-S in Japan and boy does it look HOT!

G

·
there actually nice little cars, and arent that slow. they're capable of running low 15's stock. they only weigh like 2200 lbs with a 140hp engine, they can get up and go....just not like a rex...or the old MR2's which could easily run a 14.5 all day long. with a GT-S engine those cars would be just sick. they really shine on road courses thou, they handle better than a friggin miata, can pull .92g's on the skidpad. nice little cars, it could give a stock WRX LOTS of trouble on a roadcourse.

G

·
My last car was a '91 MR2. There were few cars better in slow turns and nothing on the planet better in a slalom type situation. They got pretty scary on fast turns and downright frightening at high speeds.

At 110mph+ the car would jump back and forth. The steering was so tight that it was hazardous at high speeds. They fixed some of these handling issues on the '93-'95 model years. The MR2 would hand the Miata it's arse any day of the week.

G

·
Originally posted by NastyNate:
they handle better than a friggin miata, can pull .92g's on the skidpad. nice little cars, it could give a stock WRX LOTS of trouble on a roadcourse.
An MR-S would definately give a stock WRX trouble on a roadcourse. However, I will say the MR-S handles only slightly better than a stock Miata, but my Miata will easially outhandle an MR-S or Porsche. Then again w/ my Miata isn't easctly stock. Actually my Miata is faster then my WRX, but that's what superchargers are good for... gobs of low-end torque. :D

G

·
Who ever was in the MR2 was a fool for changing you for that car's little motor sucks big time Toyota gave that car looks not power.I bet a good running old 86 MR2 could smoke the new MR2 LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts