ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 02 civic si, I know some of you owned a Honda prior to your WRX, any advise. By the way $12K, 22K miles lowered with HR springs, tint and Greddy exhaust. Any comments or suggestion, parts sources?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried talking him into the 2.5 it just was not his thing. The SI is a nice little car, after market parts are less than half the cost of my wrx. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
www.7thgencivic.com

Good price on that car though. I believe the engine code is K22? I am probably wrong, it's like a smaller version of the RSX engine. Still if your going to buy a civic, which most of us did as well. At least you bought the performance model.

:D

Now hurry up and get a WRX

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SubaruWRX2k4 said:
www.7thgencivic.com

Good price on that car though. I believe the engine code is K22? I am probably wrong, it's like a smaller version of the RSX engine. Still if your going to buy a civic, which most of us did as well. At least you bought the performance model.

:D

Now hurry up and get a WRX
The chassis code on the 02Si is ep3, and you might want to check out www.ephatch.com as well... more in depth than 7thgencivic.com. Also, the 02Si has the same engine as the base RSX... 160HP @ flywheel. I am pretty sure the Si is lighter, but I could be wrong. I like the Si (jsut not big on the newer headlights... 04 and up I believe) and considered looking at it 'cause I have a great Honda hookup (SpeedWerx). But I really wanted an auto, so yea... oh well.

What color do you have... and more importantnly, what are you planning on doing to it? The 02Si has a pretty decent amount of potential... both in engine and looks... you just have to make sure it's done right.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow, I wish my girlfriend was in to cars like that ^^^!!!! She just likes the "pretty" ones with body kits and stuff. She's gettin better though, she digs the rex! Even though it's got 4 doors and all...she knows what's up with them. But butterflie u definately know your ****, not just for a girl but for a person. Mad props on that! Back to the original thread, definite potential in the Si's. Git-R-Dun! And be sure and post the build-up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Craven Moorhead said:
Just purchased a 02 civic si, I know some of you owned a Honda prior to your WRX, any advise. By the way $12K, 22K miles lowered with HR springs, tint and Greddy exhaust. Any comments or suggestion, parts sources?
Go to www.ephacth.com i'm one of the member there "E-VTEC"
Alot of good people there and lots of info.
BTW: I have an Injen CAI(cold air intake) and ABS front lip type M from phasenine.com for sale right now.
PM me for more info.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He appears quite happy with the car. It does seem to have quite a bit of - camber in the rear though I told him to watch tire ware that he may need some camber plates.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Don't quote me on this stuff, but i think getting a hondata ecu reflash will drop 1/4 times by a second, on average. Also, swapping the rsx-s head onto his k20 will give quite a huge boost in power. I think the k20 in the rsx-s is basically the same block with the rsx-s head, so he should be making a reliable 200hp instead of 160hp stock. I think the k22 is the block from the rav4's. You could always take that block and the rsx-s head and mate them together to get quite a nice NA engine.

This is all from my memory, which isn't a good thing. Asking my brain to recall info is the same as asking a bowl of jello who one the 1989 Oscar for best support actor. You might get an answer back, but i'd double check it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts