Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I lock my car with either the keyless or just locking the doors, the horn goes off like normal and the car is locked. After sitting for like 30 mins the car will RANDOMLY honk the horn once, then wait a second then honk again. This happens over and over at a specific interval and its driving me CRAZY!! The car stays locked, it just honks...

What the hell is causing this? My car has 37,000 miles and i dont wanna get raped at the dealership for something stupid. Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
258 Posts
When on doubt the answer is always demonic posession or perhaps a poltergeist, have you considered an excorcism? :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ike said:
When on doubt the answer is always demonic posession or perhaps a poltergeist, have you considered an excorcism? :p
i think my ex g/f put a curse on it...*****...:mad:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Bad fuse?

A co-worker of mine had her alarm randomly going off unprovoked and it turned out to be a simple fuse problem.

·
Registered
42 Posts
still under warranty? take it back if so.

on my old civic, it used to do this on and off, i finally tracked it down to a bare wire shorting itself on the frame. the tape came off, just re-soldered it and re-wrapped.

·
Registered
150 Posts
old post but i am having the same problem now it just goes off when it wants to for no reason where is the security ecu and fuse located at. ???

i cant even put the negative battery terminal on its soo bad.

HELP!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
This may be unrelated, but I had similar problems a year or so ago. I had a flat tire one time so I pulled off the main road to a residential street. I proceeded to change the tire when all of a sudden my panic alarm went off. Over and over and over, until people started coming out of their house wondering WTF is going on.

I finally figured out it was my remote that was damaged earlier in the day by submerging it in saltwater (long story). I took my keychain and threw it as far as I could down the street so it wouldnt be able to transmit to the car.:rotfl: The neighbors thought I was crazy and I just finished up and drove home.

Anyway, salt or other corrosion could cause a malfunction in the transmitter. Sweat may be enough to cause the same problem.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
JRod said:
. Sweat may be enough to cause the same problem.
Interesting idea.

Also, :rotfl: about the mental image of you throwing your keys as far down the road as possible.

:rotfl:

·
Registered
55 Posts
For little over six months after I lock the door & the TT starts to count down, it honks twice (one second apart). It's not like the alarm goes off or anything ... just two honks. It's random & happens maybe 1 out of 5 times.

I'm wondering if they are telling me that my battery for the remote is dying?

Robert

·
Registered
150 Posts
well found the problem with mine.

i have the upgraded security with the shock sensor mounted
RIGHT UNDERNEATH THE STUPID CUPHOLER!!!! SUBARU YOU SUCK

anyway they put it there for god knows why i guess to make money off people that spill drinks.

i guess you guys can figure the rest of it out on your own.

wish they would warranty it.

p.s. dont spill drinks your car will screw up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts