ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to find out if anyone knows how to turn off the key lock in prevent function on the 2011 wrx. i want to warm my car up in the cold mornings here but i need to be able to lock it with the key in the ignition and get in using my spare. next winter ill have a remote starter put in. the manual states to have your dealership change it if you do not have the navigation head unit, which i dont. i called my dealer and they said the sequence to turn it off is in the manual but i couldnt find it lol. the dealer will do it for me but i thought id try here first and save myself a trip. thx.

·
Registered
56 Posts
? sure they will. The first thing I do when I get in my car downtown is lock the doors.
You can do it, but it's a royal PITA. Starting the car, then locking the doors, requires that you manually lock the door before shutting it, not with the power locks. Then you can use the spare key. Still a pain, though, I would love to know if somehow this can be disabled.

·
Registered
850 Posts
You can do it, but it's a royal PITA. Starting the car, then locking the doors, requires that you manually lock the door before shutting it, not with the power locks. Then you can use the spare key. Still a pain, though, I would love to know if somehow this can be disabled.
Misunderstood his post, my bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I usually turn on the car then lock the door from the outside with the spare key to make sure that the lock cylinder works/isn't frozen. On my first car I had (92 Oldsmobile) the lock freeze and when I turned the key it broke the cylinder so I had to get in and out the passenger door until I got it fixed.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Hmmm, don't have a 2011 WRX, but in our van, I close doors, turn on the car, use power door locks to lock all doors...then manually unlock the driver's side (with my fingers), step out, manually lock it back, and close the door. Doesn't work on a WRX?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts