Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to work this morning I pulled my key(s) out of my pocket & noticed my truck key was there, my poop emoji keychain was there but my sti key fab was not. Figuring it was in the house & the need to go to work I left my search for after work. I know a replacement will be expensive but that is my fault. My concern is if I somehow lost it in the garage at work, someone could keep trying it till they find it. Wouldn't be that hard as I am in that garage 5 days a week & I am the only sti. This is going to drive me nuts till I find it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have yet to find it, it's likely somewhere in the house (if the ferrets found it they may have stashed it) but it's possible I lost it elsewhere.

I did find out that they can reprogram my remaining key so the lost key won't be able to start the car. The issue is that the dummy key in the fab can unlock the trunk, glovebox & doors but the alarm will sound & not be able to shut off with the old fab. New keys are $250, locks are $500 for a set & $500-600 for labor.

I have been driving my truck till I decide what to do & keeping the car in the garage.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had put it on the same keychain as the truck. The hook on that keychain is plastic & my guess is the weight of the subaru key allowed it to come off while bouncing around in the truck. It was up under the seat. Not on the floor but actually stuck in the seat mount. Lesson learned, I will be keeping them both on their own chain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts