ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Peachypumpkincheeks
8,621 Posts
Probably because it looks totally fake, mentions nothing about the subie on the cover, and who reads Snowboarder magazine?? :tongue:

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This isn't fake:mad:
I don't know much about it but come on it's still cool. I guess I just have a problem with snowboarding. I like it way too much.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What she said. They could had the subie about 8 feet lower and it may have looked a little more real.
Ok, were talking about a guy who cleared the landing on a 175 foot jump:screwy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDi0MZJZ-w0

Ken Block is also the Co-founder of DC shoes which is a major snowboarding product producer. DC is even coming out with it's own line of snowboards next year. Ken owns a cabin called mountain lab up in Park City. It is complete with It's own two lift and tons of park features. I have no doubt this pic is real.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
It just looks a little too fake to be cool. I would easily believe it if it was real, that jump is probably smaller than the one in the video. But why is there a guy grabbing tail right next to the car? Did rider and car hit the booter at the same time?

It would have been way cooler if they just had the car sitting still with a dude bonking it or something.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
It is definitely real. Ken Block actually posted information on that OTHER wrx site. They filmed it in New Zealand.

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
It is definitely real. Ken Block actually posted information on that OTHER wrx site. They filmed it in New Zealand.
Wait... that means Not-EWRx was right. That has to be a sign of the apocalypse or something.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Wait... that means Not-EWRx was right. That has to be a sign of the apocalypse or something.
Yup.

Ken Block "KBlock"

"Sorry....what I meant was that it was my first snowboard magazine cover (no disrespect to Subie Sport!). I have been in the snowboard industry for over 15 years, and it's just funny to me that I ended up on the cover of one of those magazines...in a rally car.

This link has a few more of the photos:
http://www.apartment107.com/article.php?id=1835

The video part (in the DC Mtn.Lab 1.5 video) came out way better than I ever imagined. That YouTube link above really doesn't do it justice. Also, there's some crash footage in Travis' Thrillbillies video coming out in late November.

-KB"

·
Registered
46 Posts
i can't believe it survived, i would've thought the tires would've just sunk instantly and slammed the whole thing into the ground

·
Registered
26 Posts
I saw the video for this jump. pretty sure he was there with the "old timers" snowboarding competition in new zealand.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:rotfl::rotfl::confusd1

:)CHURCH:) This stuff makes me happy in the pants

1 - 20 of 28 Posts