ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What springs will I be able to install and have my allienment and camber still close to factory? I was looking at Eibach pro kit , or H&R ? This is for a 2012 sedan wrx

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
None, really.

You're going to need an alignment in the front no matter what you do, since you'll be taking out the camber bolts in order to install whatever springs you choose to go with. The rear, if you drop any amount at all, will need to be adjusted as well.

It is not recommended to install drop springs on stock struts, they aren't made to handle the additional stresses of being lowered, they're made to work at stock height, and that's it. Why are you starting your modding adventures with springs anyways? There are much better places to start with much better gains in handling than springs. Swaybars for example. I'd recommend you start there, not with springs that are probably going to end up costing you more money in the long run if you don't replace the struts with them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For looks I hate wheel gap . I know I will need an alignment /adjustment . I was just wondering if there are any springs that will allow it to be adjusted back to factory specs or at least close

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
there's more than enough adjustment to keep you close to if not dead on factory spec as long as you dont go more than 3/4 inch low. fyi, factory spec is actually not the best suited for handling. Its more geared toward tire wear than anything else. Zero toe all around and adding a little more front camber does wonders for handling. If you want more adjustment for whatever purpose snag up some camber bolts when you buy your springs. Swift makes good springs, so does RCE .. eibach might drop you a little far. The H&R's are pretty low too. Either way, if you're going to do springs you should do dampers too. Esp since the car is underdamped to begin with, let alone adding higher rate shorter springs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts