ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of us KC area guys need to plan a drag meet out at kcir. I wish it were a little cooler, but I will still be happy to go out there and run the wagon. I'd like to make it out there this friday if they are doing the grudge night thing, and if the weather cooperates. Anybody else want to go?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I could just sign up for one day of the scca finals -- the wife won't let me race both days. Either way, If the weather is good I hope to be out at kcir this friday. I'd sure like to see what your 260whp sti would run. That axis dyno reads so low, I bet that thing is a monster!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I did run it one time and I sucked! I did a [email protected] My first time at a drag strip with a full tank of gas and sub in the trunk. Since then, I have turned up the boost, removed a cat, changed the springs, removed the wing, and put in the Kartboy short shifter and bearing. I hope that I don't have to get a new turbo to hit the 12's with my "ahem" awesome 1/4 mile driving skills.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yeah, I bet with barely any gas that thing could rip into the 12's easily. I'm hoping/wishing with some race gas, launch control, and some tuning at the track my wagon might be able to dip into the high high high 12's. Its only "supposed" to get up to 84 this friday so it could be a good time to go! I hope some others can make it:cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I could get stu's car into the 12's easy. ;) I would love to go out but probably won't be able to make it. Wanna shoot for the first weekend in aug the 6th get some more people together? Oh yeah I should have my new springs next week sometime (H&R's 1.8 drop in front and like 1.2 in rear). :D I'll be needing another alignment soon I'll pm you when I get them changed out again.

·
Registered
103 Posts
hey,
im willing to possibly go up to KCIR this friday....
never done the 1/4 on a strip before....
but might as well try.....
so whos going?....

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm planning on going on the 6th. I am also going to throw up a thread on nasioc and call a few friends up as well to see if I can get a few of us. I should have my new springs this week maybe early next. :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
6th is berry good for me! I'll be there! Todd, PM me about up/down install if that's something you can do at your shop?!
Stu, in the 12's:eek: Tha'd be nice to see. Don't think I've seen a hot Subie out there yet...
-Steve

·
Registered
86 Posts
NO NO I said stu's car into 12's ;) Scooby24 bring her along let her drive ur car down the track a few times that would make for a fun date. Steve are you going to race your car this time? I've got a few extra helmets so don't let that stop you.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
hmmmm...very tempting...don't want a broken tranny though from girls who don't know how to launch. First date though....might be fun to just go and get a couple runs in

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think that I will be there. I would not count on me being in the 12's though. My form is less than stellar. I am going to use race gas this time and try to get out there with a 1/4 tank. I will pull my sub and spare as well. Shiv at Vishnu said that I should be fine if I upped the boost to 17.5 so that should occur as well.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Hummer said:
I think that I will be there. I would not count on me being in the 12's though. My form is less than stellar. I am going to use race gas this time and try to get out there with a 1/4 tank. I will pull my sub and spare as well. Shiv at Vishnu said that I should be fine if I upped the boost to 17.5 so that should occur as well.
yeah...I think my boost will be going up as well. If I can't pull off a decent 13 sec time will someone else drive my car and get me a 13 sec time slip? :sadwave:

P.S. Spoiler looks good on your car Stu! I want an sti :(

·
Registered
182 Posts
speed_freak27 said:
Steve are you going to race your car this time? I've got a few extra helmets so don't let that stop you.
If my son goes, I won't drive. If he stays with mom, I'll race. BTW, Todd (KCREXwagon) is going to get my up/down install done this weekend. Then, reflash with the AP to Stg2!!!

Either way, I'll be there to see Stu dump his tranny...:tongue:

-Steve

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
BlkRex said:
Todd (KCREXwagon) is going to get my up/down
Up-pipes are a PITA to put in. If you need help let me know though I have an easy way to do it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
scooby24 said:
yeah...I think my boost will be going up as well. If I can't pull off a decent 13 sec time will someone else drive my car and get me a 13 sec time slip? :sadwave:

P.S. Spoiler looks good on your car Stu! I want an sti :(
I love the new wing!

BlkRex said:
If my son goes, I won't drive. If he stays with mom, I'll race. BTW, Todd (KCREXwagon) is going to get my up/down install done this weekend. Then, reflash with the AP to Stg2!!!

Either way, I'll be there to see Stu dump his tranny...:tongue:

-Steve
You need to be careful with your tranny. I think mine will hold up great. My rear axle might be a different story though. You will love the new up/down pipes and AP stage two. It should really "wake" your car up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If I make it it won't be in my car....My engine just got in today and I am still waiting on my turbo and the rest of the crap. Who knows how long it will take to get everything swapped. But its all worth it in the end I suppose.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well good, I can't wait to get out there! I just bought the aquamist water injection, don't know if it will be installed by next friday though. I sure hope this cool weather holds up. See everyone out there!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts