ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planning on ordering just this KB short shifter for my 08 wrx first and then the bushings a day or too later just cause of money issues....i know its not gonna make much of a difference or whatever without bushings so im not gonna put it in but my question is are the bushings specific to the shifter, like do i have to buy the combo or can i buy the KartBoy 08+ wrx bushings seperately?

THANKS GUYS

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
The bushings are not specific to the shifter.

You can get any make shifter you like & any make bushing.

Obviously you may save some $ if you buy everything together.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
My aftermarket KB lever would not swap with my OEM short throw lever without the pivot bushings if I remember right. The bushings were different thicknesses.

I'd get the pivot bushings with the lever just to make sure. You can always call the vendor and ask - they'd be able to tell you.

It's hard to explain, but you can see the OEM lever on the left, and the KB right beside it. Note how the diameter of the 'tube' that the bolt goes through is different. Hard to tell on the picture, but without the pivot bushings for the KB lever, I would have to use the stock lever.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Its a little different for the STI.Its been mentioned on the TiC website."The 2008 STI STOCK SHIFTER needs the 5MT WIDE bushings, Subaru changed this so the 6MT ones cannot be used, unless you have an aftermarket short shifter. "

1 - 4 of 4 Posts