Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed this today. At first i said to myself, its definately shorter, but wow this really sucks. It was sooo notchy, especially 1st, reverse is by far the worst. It is really tough getting into those 2 gears. I got the bushings also but havent installed thos as of yet. One thing i might have done wrong, i tightened the shifter to the linkage preetty tight. (there was a gap, and now that i screwed it in, there is no gap at all, and is really tight...) I also did not lubricate that area... Another thing is now my shifter is really short ( height), which i can get used to, but my shift boot is like waaaay down now, and it actually makes an annoying like slotchy noise when i shift. Im thinking tho, to fully get rid of these problems, buy neo synthetic gear oil, loosen and lubricate the shifter to linkage connection, and install the bushings. Anyone have any input on this? Thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
it's probably rubbing against that metal plate that sites right aroudnthe shifter. I just took the plate out and turned it upside down and reinstalled it. Had to bend the two "legs" to make it fit. bam it felt really good after that!

·
Registered
292 Posts
rev is always hard to get into.
Just shift to 3rd then 4th then reverse. Should make it easier.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i believe one of the tutorials i read specifically stated not to tighten the shifter to the linkage too tight. Otherwise shifting will be unusually stiff, which sounds like your problem.

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Please follow this thread and read all you can about the Kartboy SS.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29783

Just like explained by kit99bar, the metal plate is hititng on your shifter. You need to modify it by either turning it 180° or griding the inside of it where the shifter hits it. Please follow the thread above and all your answers will be revealed. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts