ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I installed the short shifter around 2 weeks ago but not the new bushings because I haven't been anywhere with a lift. Is it bad for the car to drive on an aftermarket short shifter but stock bushings? Thanks a lot!

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
no, its not bad. You will definitely like the bushings though.

I didn't use a lift to put the bushings on. I backed the car up on a set of ramps, then jacked up the front and used stands. That was all the room I needed to put the bushings in.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
def not bad, just squishy.. as said though, no need for lift. I drove mine on ramps forward and jacked up the rear then putting extra pair of ramps under rear wheels. lol.. works good as long as you're small to average size.. (for ex I'm 5'9" 180lbs) not a huge guy amount of space though. Also requires two pairs of ramps .. but.. the car is very stable when raised that way.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
I've done the install of shifter bushings both with/without a lift. While it's not necessary, it does make the task much easier.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
I used a jack and jack stands on the front, then braced the rear wheels. Not the safest setup, but that's an example of all the room you need.

Sent from my Droid 2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts